Twenty Four

The elevator door shuts behind Zayn while he towers over me. I swallow the lump in my throat in anticipation. He's going to tell Harry that I bought a knife and Harry will use that knife to probably kill me.

"Why do you have a pocket knife Amelia?" He asks me again but more serious, while the silence is deafening in the small elevator.

"Please don't tell Harry!" I immediate spit out.

His eyes widen and he steps back slightly. Zayn always seemed a little nicer then everyone else. He's never tried anything on me from the very few exchanges I've had from him.

"What were you planning to do! Kill him?" He raises his voice as I feel the elevator move up.

"No no! I wasn't going to do that I just wanted something to defend myself with!" I plead my case, hoping he would understand.

"Defend yourself from what? Styles?" He says in concern. Why the hell am I telling this random guy my plan! I've only ever had one actual encounter with him, he's going to rat me out I know it.

"It doesn't matter! Please just leave me alone." I look behind him and count how many floors I have until I get to the top.

"Amelia, why would you need to defend yourself from Harry? You're his assistant." He questions.

"Zayn please just leave it alone and don't tell him about this!" I become vulnerable in my pleads.

"Amelia...how did you get this job as his assistant?" He asks me quietly which stepping closer.

I try to look anywhere else then his eyes but he doesn't let me. My throat feels overwhelmingly dry all the sudden and my stomach feels like it's not even there anymore. I really need to get out of here.

"Amelia, you need to tell me now or I will tell Harry about this. How did you get this job?" Zayn says more sternly.

I look down at the floor and slowly nod before parting my lips to speak,

"Harry... kidnapped me from school one day. I don't know how long ago because I've lost track of time down here." My voice cracks numerous times through my sad confession.

"He kidnapped you! Is that why you're always doing all this shit for him and never looking or talking to anyone. He made you get that fucking barcode didn't he so you couldn't escape right?" Zayn starts to get rattled and steps back away from me.

"Yes- yes that's why I have the barcode." I clear my soar throat.

"Has he ever hit you?" He immediately asks. "I mean you said you got this knife to defend yourself." He continues before I have time to answer.

"No, no he hasn't hit me, yet. But he always says that he's not afraid too if I do anything out of line. That's why you can't tell him about this Zayn, he will kill me." I beg.

"I can't believe him. How old are you even?"

"Nineteen."

"That fucking Styles is a piece of shit." He says in rage before clicking another elevator button.

"What are to you doing?" I ask as he clicks a new level floor that I've never been on. My stomach starts to turn in adrenaline of the situation.