CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"We're losing her!"

Losing who...? Why is it so dark?

"Where's the pack doctor?!"

"I'm right here god dammit. She's lost a lot of blood, give me O+, we'll need to do a transfusion stat."

Transfusion? Who needs blood? Why can't I open my eyes?

"Get the fuck out of my way! That's my best friend!"

"Ma'am, we can't have you do that. The Luna is in critical condition." A nurse said.

"Coco! We have to move out of the way."

"Azrael, I swear to fucking god. I love you, but that's my best friend right there. She's dying for gods sake! What do you want me to do? Stand around and do nothing?!"

Was that Coco? Why is she freaking out again?

"You're not helping by screaming. The doctors are doing what they can. Come on, we have to wait outside until they're done with Rhea."

A sniffle escaped from what I believe Coco. I could hear Azrael comforting her. Noises were all around me and I could hear the hospital staff running around to help me.

That's right... I was attacked by rogues after speaking with Kronos. I shifted and tried to defend myself. Did I win?

Was I dying?

It's so cold.

"Alpha! What are you doing here?" The pack doctor said. "You want to donate your blood? I mean... yes. It could speed up her recovery with your blood. You are an alpha after all."

"Doctor, he's O+. It would be best for him to donate under these circumstances." A nurse said.

I could hear the clock ticking, "Alright, are you sure? She requires quite a lot of blood."

I heard a pen scribble, and I knew it had to be Kronos.

Kronos... my mate.

Was he donating blood for me?

I tried to keep listening to their conversation, but my consciousness soon faded away to nothing.

***

Beep... Beep... Beep...

What's with the machines? Where am I?

'You're in the hospital you stupid human. Now wake up, you're scaring mate,' Rain voiced in a worrisome tone.

My eyes shot open at the mention of my mate. Where? Where is he? I attempted to sit up, only to let out a pained groan. This body of mine was stiff as a rock, preventing me from making any sudden movements.

It felt like I've been through hell and back.

As I took a look around my surroundings, my eyes landed on him. He was currently snoozing away on a chair next to me, holding my hand softly.

The sparks erupted between us, causing butterflies in my stomach to flutter. It was a nice sensation, one that can never be replaced.

A smile graced my lips, gigging how cute he looked since he was drooling. When I moved to wipe it, I let out another pained whimper. My side felt like it was on fire, along with my shoulder and left leg.