47. Why the ghoul?

"I was wondering who it could have been," Roy sneered. "Who else could it be but a ghoul?"

"Unlike you, Red arrow, I am very much human."

"Coulda fooled me," the archer mumbled under his breath, glaring at the woman dressed in a black bodysuit that did nothing to hide her figure.

"Talia," the warning in Batman's voice reached her ears in a low growl.

"You should control your pet," Talia said nonchalantly, "wouldn't want him biting innocent bystanders."

"You should really be more turbed about this, Red." Dick eyes flickered to his brother.

Roy gritted his teeth, the whites of his mask narrowed into slits, but he remained silent as Dick continued lazily. "And Talia, look at the pot calling the kettle black, shouldn't you have a leash on your assassins?" The thirteen year old said calmly, pointing to the bodies across the street as a smirk played on his lips. "Or maybe Ra's lost his leash for you."

Slade winced, taking a moment to size up the boy in his sights before he drew in a long breath. "Brutal,"

Talia glared at the acrobat, fury burning in the depths of her heart because nothing he said was technically a lie. She lacked the power to control her men because they were given orders by her father. "Well, I'm not a dead man walking." she snorted.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Dick scoffed, just as both heroes on his side shot nasty glares at Talia, whose smile only grew larger.

"You don't know?" The female assassin said in mock surprise.

"Talia," The Dark Knight took a step towards her. "Stop."

Dick frowned, his gaze meeting the cold ones of Talia Al Ghul. He felt like he saw the words, as his eyes moved to her lips, before he heard them.

And the sound of each clearly pronounced syllable shot waves into him until he felt nothing but numbness when he saw her red lips pull up into a smirk. "Oh well, in two weeks you'd be dead,"

Still, before he even react, she had more words laced with venom to serve him. "I don't know why they would care... In my eyes, you are nothing but a corpse, that has yet to have been buried."

He could see it. They were still locking eyes, he could see that she wasn't telling lies. He stood straight, knowing that he didn't have the energy to walk. Am I really going to die? The way Bruce had his arm against Talia's neck, choking her as he told her to shut up told him yes.

-

*very important, please read*

Hey! Update, what do you think? Did you expect Dick to find out this way?

I need a favor from you guys. I have two other YJ fanfics. I want to discontinue one so that I can finish Sick Bird, but first, can you guys check it out and tell me what you think? Nobody really reads it and if some of you comment on it, I'll give 4 more updates of Sick Bird today. (Sounds like a fair deal?) You don't really have to do it

The title is Requiem For Demise.

Here's the cover of the book:

Thanks so much if you do this!