Chapter forty four

Linked

Ava spent the rest of her evening Caring for Camille

Ava spent the rest of her evening Caring for Camille. She left the cafe in haste as klauses temper rose and her company was futile, heading straight back to the arms of her sister.

The pair cooked and cleaned, cried and creased, until the moon broke through the threshold of the sky. There was no calls from Niklaus nor Elijah, and that worried Ava to no end. At least one of them would would normally pine for attention and to listen to her incoherent words.

The two laid softly sleeping, woven into a blanket as they cuddled on the sofa. It had passed twilight as Avas phone began to ring. Begrudgingly, she sifted out of the warm confinements of the blanket and clicked answer without caring to acknowledge the id.

"Hello?" She groaned quietly down the line, attempting to not wake her sister.

"Ava thank god, I've been trying to reach you all night!" Haley's voice filtered through the phone, her tone laced with desperation.

"I was sleeping, I probably missed a couple rings." Ava sighed, stretching her limbs as she popped her muscles back into place.

"What ever you do Ava, I need you to stay away from the compound- to stay away from klaus." Haley demanded, her voice crackling as the reception dropped.

"Why, what happened?" Ava stopped mid track, her body stiff with fear. Something bad always happens at night.

"Klaus has full blown lost his freaking mind, okay? He killed Aidan, who knows what he'll do next!" Haley argued, the phone exuding nothing but confusion. Klaus couldn't have killed someone, not that day at least.

"He did what?" Avas voice simmered to nothing but a fragment of a child. She knew of klauses unruly and unforgiving nature, yet to hear the words that he had murdered in cold blood.
It killed Ava.

"Look we are running, that's how bad things have gotten. Please just do not go speak to him, do not put yourself in that danger." Haley begged, only then could Ava hear the exasperated pants of the hybrid.

"I won't." Ava lied.

*****

The gates were ajar when she returned to the abattoir, as if already granting her entrance. Ava ignored the sickening creak as she pushed it fully open, and instead stormed into the compound.

"Tell me you didn't do it!" She yelled with tears spiking her eyes, her glare intensely set on the hybrid.

"Avangaline." His tone was monotonous, as if he had no new burden to carry.

"Tell me you did not kill that innocent boy!" Her voice contrasted in every way. His was calm and sinister. Hers was frantic and alarmed.

He stayed silent.