Chapter forty six

Delusional thinking

Her breathing laboured as she clawed for any morsel of air she could receive

Her breathing laboured as she clawed for any morsel of air she could receive. Her gaze was blurred but she could work out that she was not alone.

Seconds past as the air was swept from underneath her, her body cradled by another. The scent too familiar to mistake.

When the ground materialised once more, Ava found herself lying softly on her own bed- bewildered and exhausted. Her gaze travelled to Niklaus, who had bags sunken into his skin and a pale complexion.

"What happened?" Ava mumbled through tiring breaths, her eyes finding it hard to stay open. Klaus' expression was monotonous, a darkness looming in his eyes. After all he had to make a deal with the devil.

"That does not matter at this moment, love. Just rest, and whatever you do stay put until I return." Klaus soothed, smoothing down the hair that was clinging to her scalp.

Ava was too tired to fight, she nodded and began to submerge herself within the comfort of her own blanket. As klaus rose and strolled toward the door, her soft voice echoed through the room.

"Nik, just remember if your going to do anything stupid. Do it with caution." Ava mumbled, digging her head further into the pillow.

Klaus smiled as he watched the sleep wash over her body, he knew how the unconsciousness previous could never substitute for the sleep within your own bed.

***

Klaus mikaelson was on a rampage. He had planned to murder each one who had betrayed him, whether that be by blood or by love.

He would slaughter them all.

His plan was to make them watch with remorse the death of each of their loved ones.

Freya was to face Dahlia.

Elijah to watch Gia fall from the vampiric curse.

And Rebekah, cursed with her mortal life withdrawn by the man she loved. All in aid of the witch destined to take his child. 

Once Ava had recuperated from her own drowsy mind, one thing was set in her head. No matter what Niklaus had told her to do, she would force Elijah to answer for his actions.

******

Ava came striding into the compound. She had come to procure herself a reason behind why Elijah had left her to sleep through her mortal life. What she got, was witnessing the destruction by the hand of Niklaus.

"Nik!" Ava screamed through the thickness of the blood staining the walls. The man turned from his desiccating brother, who had the tunde blade wrapped around his heart.

"I told you to stay at home, Avangaline." Klaus stated with a monotonous tone. She shot him a pointed look.

"You know I don't listen. And I came here because this," she pointed to each of the victims laying limp on the floor, "is not you."

She didn't have to have known what was going on before hand to devert her train of thought. Elijah would answer later that day if he had to, but as of that moment Klaus was the one who needed to answer.

"On the contrary love, this is so very much every part of me." He snarled, kicking his brother to one side. Dahlia appeared by the threshold, her eyebrow arched as she looked toward her nephew.

"Is there a problem?" She questioned, her glare hardened toward the oconnell.

"Not at all. Just another victim." The hybrid grinned, speeding toward the startled blonde.

"I know you won't do this, Nik. You won't lose me." Ava whispered, her tone holding a lack of fear. She knew whatever he did, would not cost her; her life.

"If you believe that, then love. You are already lost." And in the last fleeting moments of avas breath- klaus plunged his teeth into her neck.

Ava did not scream, or beg for him to stop. She allowed the blood to pour from her skin, she trusted nik.
Even if that meant her death.

******

"Ava I need you to trust me."

Klaus' voice floated around her head as she slipped into the darkness once again.

"Do exactly as I say as soon as you wake. I need you to help me." He demanded, his voice floating through her brain on a loop until she finally relished the breath against her lips once again.

Her gaze was fuzzy due to the lack of blood, yet she still stumbled forward to find Elijah. There he lay, writhing in pain as he was stuck within the hex.

Ava gulped as she acquired the knife she needed from Elijahs side, and steadied her hand above his chest. As soon as the blade came into contact with his skin, the sound of cracking bones soared through the air.

She winced as she dove her hand within the cut and retrieved the blade, watching carefully as the man rapidly awoke. He looked furious as he stared at the sheepish blonde kneeling beside him. He was ready to kill Niklaus.

"You have to listen to me, okay Elijah? He got into my head, he spoke to me." Ava declared as she helped the man sit. Elijah shook his head in disbelief.

"You're delusional." He spat at the desperate girl attempting to make him believe idiocy.

"It's true. All of this, it was a trick." Ava continued further, glancing at the bodies obliterated on the floor.

"You both have lost your minds." Elijah sighed, trying to forget the minor affection he had felt to the dessicated Gia.

"He needs her to trust him, so he can do what he needs to do!" Ava informed him, unable to find the correct words.

"He had to make it look convincing." She saw the hesitation in Elijahs expression, the slight tensing of his body and the bewildered look on his face.

"To what end, avangaline?" He muttered, pushing her hold off of him. Ava sighed, reconnecting their eye contact as she spoke the words surely to obtain his trust.

"He told me her secret." She paused, her voice full of menace and anger.

"I know how to kill Dahlia."

•••

75.4k!!

I'm going to keep this short, but I'd like to thank you for the support. Without this app and my writing practise here I would not have achieved my 7 in English.
So thank you!

Shout outs:
@ameliahudson03
@dreamswill
@niklausxallen

Please vote, comment, and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye x