KANALOA ACADEMY

"MAKE YOUR DREAMS A REALITY

"MAKE YOUR DREAMS A REALITY."

THE ORNATE AND EXQUISITE PALACE OF KANALOA is located underneath the vast Pacific Ocean and lies if not above, but surrounding the Great Barrier Reef. The school stands across a wide section of coral reef that is deemed full of life by all who know of it and remains invisible to those who do not possess magical blood. With the magnificently placed spells and charms that shield the palace to those above water and below it, the Kanaloa Academy for Witchcraft and Wizardry allows students from all across the globe to learn and prosper within its glass walls.

Kanaloa Academy was first founded by a sole witch in the year 1762, the daughter of a ruling and praised chief amongst those who resided on the numerous Hawaiian islands. She alone built the school underneath the ocean near the islands and searched for students shortly after it was completed, thus earning the title of the founder of Kanaloa Academy for Witchcraft and Wizardry. The name was chosen and is derived from the estranged god of the underworld and a teacher of powerful magic despite it's depictions of the deity being related to evil, death, and darkness. The founder's, or known as Kanaloa herself because of her lost name, knowledge and strength runs through the palace walls and can still be felt from within to present day, despite the casualties it underwent in the year 1943.

Relocation and remodeling was funded and provided by English wizard, Michael Drake in 1943 after the original founder disappeared decades before his decision to invest in the academy. He relocated the school to where the Great Barrier Reef stood and changed the school crest from an octopus to a dragon, representing his own surname rather than honoring the true founder's symbol. Many students neglect the changes bestowed upon by Drake and honor their lost founder by representing themselves with the crest of the octopus or squid.

Kanaloa is recognized by the Magical Congress of the United States of America as a diverse academy where witches and wizards can prosper in not only magic, but many more offered abilities

Kanaloa is recognized by the Magical Congress of the United States of America as a diverse academy where witches and wizards can prosper in not only magic, but many more offered abilities. All students of Kanaloa must obtain the requirements regulated by Congress in the subjects needed to graduate and excel, but are also granted the privilege to join electives and activities that are presented at the school by choice. Combat classes using exterior weapons, other than wands, are encouraged alongside past-time sports such as fencing, tennis, and archery. Clubs that include daily wizard's chess competitions and underwater duels are considered highly operative organizations to join and enjoy. All of which are approved and monitored by the Congress board itself.