31 - Do You Even Qualify?

"Good morning everyone! " The venerable headmaster started.

There's an indistinct reply amongst the crowd of "Good morning Venerable Headmaster. " This describes how respectful the entire Golden Academy disciples towards him. With a satisfied nod, he continued.

"I'll go direct to the point, the Interacademic Tournament will now start. Your host for today will not be me for I also have a disciple joining the fray." The venerable headmaster chuckled and look into the direction of the elder's seat.

"Logan, you take the stage. " The venerable headmaster smiled gently and took a sit.

Logan proudly huffed and jumped onto the middle of the arena. All eyes on him.

Logan coughed a bit "Okay. Just as what the Venerable Headmaster said, no beating around the bush. We'll start with the number draw lots. I require all the contestants to come up here and pick a number from this box. " As Logan finished, a red box with a hole at the top appeared on his hand.

The contestants including those who are with their masters jumped down and queued themselves.

After a while, all of the contestants had their own respective numbers. There are a total of 104 disciples who joined the tournament and all of them are considered elites. The lowest warrior rank will be of the same as Yulrir's while the highest will be at half-step saint. Normally those who had a higher rank will have better chances of obtaining the number 1 spot but of course, it still depends on one's combat prowess so those who had lower ranks still joined knowing the consequences.

"I got number 32. I wonder who got the 31?" Yulrir inwardly thought.

With the numbers held, the first round will be a match between the pair of succeeding numbers. For example, the holder of number 1 vs the holder of number 2 and so forth. So it is safe to say that the draw lots depends on one's luck as well.

"Disciples 1 and 2, Please proceed onto the stage. " Logan calmly instructed.

A disciple wearing a blue robe had stepped in with a proud look on his face. At the other side of the ring, a burly man who looked like a full-grown adult stepped in with a calm demeanor.

Yulrir eyes twinkled in anticipation, the same as the other junior disciples like him, he would like to take advantage of the matches to gain insights.

"I believe you all understood the rule, no killing and crippling fellow disciples allowed. If the other party conceded, one should halt all attacks. Is this clear? " Logan reminded in an alpha tone.

"Yes Elder. " The two disciples simultaneously responded.

"Very well. Let the match begin. " Logan waved his hand and the bell reverberated.

The two disciples instantly lunged at each other and released their own qis. One could feel that both of them are in the ninth layer of a warrior and even half-step to Saint.

The audiences' area is perfectly protected by an array which is reinforced by the other elders of the academy. This is to prevent accidents like spilling qis or even powerful spells that can be invoked by a contestant. Also, the arena itself is perfectly protected by a metal-based array that can strengthen the arena ring hundred-folds and may withstand large impacts from any contestants.

The match continued onwards and each match only last for a maximum of 5 mins while the shortest is 3 mins. So the rounds went incredibly fast.

"Number 31 and 32. Come to the stage." Logan instructed.

Yulrir swiftly landed onto the stage. A disciple clad in black had jumped opposite to his side.

The disciple arrogantly looked at Yulrir and smiled sinisterly.