Chapter 10

The CEO read his paper, "You're auditioning as a singer?"

Hyung Seok nodded.

The CEO hummed, after glancing at the paper, he put his gaze on the boy.

He remembers the boy from the school festival, and knows why he tried to scout him out. However, he still felt a little bitter that the boy rejected his offer in the first place. So, this time, he'll watch extra carefully – not even going to accept a small mistake like the one he did in his school's performance.

He felt a little bad that he was going to judge more harshly on the boy, but couldn't help doing it all the same.

Despite not liking Hyung Seok all that much, he couldn't help himself from intently watching the boy. He got his interest before, so there was a chance he would do it again.

Everyone was now waiting for the black-haired male to show off his skills.

Before doing so, Hyung Seok seemed to remember something as his eyes lit up a little.

"Um..." Wanting to ask a question, he waits until the CEO nods for him to keep going, "Can I borrow the piano?"

The CEO blinked, not expecting anyone to play their own accompaniment as it rarely happens.

Nodding, he gestures for him to take a seat on the piano stool.

Auditioning as a singer, he saves the dancing for last. Besides, he would rather sing first as he was more comfortable showing off his vocal chords than his dance moves.

Doing quiet vocal practices, he prepares himself for a few seconds before deeming it good enough.

Opening his mouth, he sings without playing the piano.

His voice was quiet at first before it gradually started getting louder as he played the piano.

The people listening couldn't help their eyes from widening. Such a beautiful and soothing voice came out of the young man's mouth.

His voice was so pleasant to the ears that they were practically swooning – not like any of them would admit it.

Not only that, they could also hear emotion from his singing. After listening for a few more seconds, they realized that he was singing an original. That'd explain why he was playing his own accompaniment.

Once his voice started getting more powerful, the rest started sitting on the edge of their seats. They've never heard such vocal chords before, that they couldn't help wanting to hear it more clearly.

While everyone was enjoying the song, Jae Yeol was enjoying it even more than the rest of them.

The first time Jae Yeol heard him sing, the cheers from the crowd were in the way, making it hard to fully appreciate the boy's voice. Hearing his voice right next to him, voice undisturbed, his ears tingled while small goosebumps started to form on his arms.

He couldn't keep his eyes off the singing boy as he continued to appreciate the view, noticing a few things.

The moment he closed his eyes to sing; the way his light fingers played the piano; the technique he used to slowly control his vocal chords more.

Everything.

...

The song ending, Hyung Seok stops singing and plays the last few notes on the piano.