october 24 pt. 2

convincing mr. fischbach, the security guard, to let tyler go with josh and the gang is as easy as existing. a few words here and there, as well as a small payment of $50, and tyler is getting on the car with the juniors.

none of josh's friends have paid much attention to him, which is a relief. he feared they might bully him or something of the sort. but nope.

brendon's car is able to fit everyone neatly, except tyler. there is no seat space for him anywhere. "i-i don't think i should go.."the sophomore murmurs as he slowly begins to back away from the gray mini van.

"so we payed fischbach 50 bucks for nothing?"jon snaps at him.

josh opens the car door, motioning tyler to share the shotgun seat with him. "you're quite small, we can fit just fine."

even with the offer, the sophomore feels uneasy about it. "it's fine. i'm not that hungry anyway."

"c'mon! i insist,"josh keeps pushing and his new friend accepts the offer.

with a heavy sigh, tyler gets in the car. his small body fits perfectly in the space josh gave him. "see? told ya' you would fit,"josh winks at him.

this sends butterflies to the sophomore's stomach.

"okay, buckle the fuck up. i'm not going to be responsible for any deaths,"brendon calls out to the whole group.

"we have no seatbelt, bren,"dallon says all the way from the trunk, in behalf of him, pete and ryan. the mini van has a quite spacious trunk, big enough to fit them three.

"tough luck, buddy,"jon jokes.

"if it weren't for these seats, i'd be kicking your ass,"dallon mutters loud enough for the whole car to hear.

tyler passes the seatbelt to josh so he can click it in place. the slight touch of their fingers against the other's causes them to blush.

brendon starts the engine and turns on the radio, a new song by a band called '10.5 airmans' playing really loudly. "mcdonald's, here we mcfucking go!"

„"„

despite being 17 years old, everyone orders nuggets alongside with large fries.

the place is empty except for a few people who seem to be on their lunch break or something.

they settle down on the tables near the small playground for kids. josh knows how this situation will end. he decides to start it. "we should get in that thing,"he suggests as all of his friends stuff their faces with the nuggety goodness.

"aren't we a little too big to fit?"tyler asks as he calmly eats, dipping the nugget in ketchup then eating it.

"bullshit! i wanna do it!"brendon whines as he swallows a handful of fries, downing it with some diet coke.

"i call dibs on the slide."

"no!"jon smirks as he slowly gets up from his seat,"the one who gets there first does. later, fuckers!"

he sprints to the jungle gym, the rest of the group close behind. the only one left at the table is tyler. he watches in silence as the 17 year olds struggle to get to the blue slide.

there is pulling of hair, legs, and arms. some, pete and dallon, are kicking the others near the crotch or in the face. ryan has the strategy of sliding in between routes to avoid getting pushed back.