Chapter 31

"Derrick?" Shelby questioned a few moments after Jan and Ellen had shut down to rest.

"Is anything wrong Shelby?" Derrick asked after hearing the hesitation in Shelby's voice.

"No, it's not so much as anything is wrong though I do have a question." Shelby again hesitantly said.

"You know that you can ask me anything Shelby." Derrick informed her.

"I was wondering, now that almost all of the boxes we found are regenerated. The time is almost upon us for Lucy's return. Derrick, she risked so much for you, I believe she would do everything she could for you. Have you given much thought of what we are to do when she is whole again?" Shelby said trying to gauge Derrick's reaction.

Derrick sat for a few moments thinking hard on what Shelby had just asked him. Sighing, Derrick finally spoke, "I have thought about it Shelby; every minute of every day since she sacrificed herself. She was a hero, the best of everything that all of you ships and A.I.'s are. Before she awakes I will need to speak to all of them, they have to be made aware of what she did. What she did and who she is now."

Shelby could only nod at Derrick's words as the tears were coming far faster than she thought they would. She suddenly realized that she was also far prouder of Lucy than she had at first thought. The fact that Lucy had done all that she had for Derrick also made Shelby prouder.

                                      _____________________________________________

Kimison was still pissed that he hadn't seen so simple of a solution to the problem. The simple fact that the whole project had been his idea to start with wasn't sitting all that well with him either. Looking over to their download device Kimison felt he wasn't smart enough yet. Sighing he waited for an hour after Rayburn had gone to sleep; and then running through all the adjustments that Rayburn had made.

Taking a deep breath he donned the head set again almost expecting pain as the program started.

"Sir I thought you weren't going to use this again," Tempro told him a moment later.

"I wasn't but I can't seem to grasp enough to solve the problem. I mean I can feel the answer there but it eludes me each time, I need to do this. I feel I am at my limit now though I have brought you here as a guide. I really need this Tempro or I might never be able to help Rayburn to finish everything." Kimison told Tempro with a sigh. "I have to Tempro; I have no choice I am of no use like I am."

"I can understand much of what you have said, sir, though the risks to me seem to outweigh the positives." Tempro told Kimison.

"Look Tempro just contact Zan, the emperor gave me and Rayburn permission to access his and Sherry's libraries. I intend to gain as much as possible from him. Now please patch me through." Kimison told the A.I. Nodding Tempro contacted Zan telling him what was about to happen, then Tempro realized that Kimison had already bypassed him and was already in the portal to Zan.

Kimison blinked as a five foot seven inch young man with short brown hair, not overly muscled, no facial hair either, wearing what appeared to be...? Overalls? Appeared in front of him. "Hello sir, the emperor explained that you might be accessing my library to increase your knowledge. I along with the rest of my brothers and sisters think that is a noble undertaking. I am here to provide any aid that you may require, please know though that I will call Mary if any problems arise." Zan advised Kimison.

"Agreed," Kimison told Zan. "Let's get started, I want to get as far as I can before shut down."

Zan nodded as the information started to flow into the link. Kimison knew he wasn't going to be able to take all of Zan's library but hoped to get most of it. Only a few minutes into it Kimison saw one of the new safe guards Rayburn had added kick in, then the second. Only one minute later the third kicked in, oh shit Kimison thought, as the pain started and he screamed.