Chapter 82

Janae

March

"Hi Kaiya!" I greeted Mia and Kaiya at the door.

"Oh, hello" Mia responded.

"Dave went to run an errand real quick, he said you wouldn't mind?" I looked at her as we stood by the entry way.

"No, that's fine. She seems to like you" She handed Kaiya to me.

"Oh, she looks a little under the weather" I looked at a red nosed Kai.

"Yeah, she's getting over a cold, I packed her medicine. She had her morning dosage at 9"

"Oh, okay" I looked down at Kai and hugged her.

"Uh, tell Dave that I finally heard back from the caterers, he'll know what I'm talking about" she smiled.

"Sure" I began to walk her to the door and before I could open it she turned around.

"Woman to woman, I need to say this"

I looked at her blankly, not sure what she was going to say to me.

"I thought you were young and possibly stupid for messing with a guy like Dave... I know that makes me a dumb broad for having a child with him. But you have so much going for yourself and in reality" she paused.

"You make him better. I've never seen him this focused and I'm afraid to say it, so in love"

"I, uhm..."

"He's back in school and that's all thanks to you, for motivating him some how. Because in the end it's all for Kai"

"And if he trust you to be around his daughter than I really don't have nothing to worry about" she smiled.

"Thank you" I felt humbled.

"I wish I could have done that" her simile slightly faded.

"We meet people for a reason and a season. You are the reason she's here" I pointed at Kaiya.

"And for that, your season will forever remain a beautiful one" I truly meant that.

"Ayeeeeee" Dave walked in, interrupting us.

"Daddy's baby" he scooped up Kaiya from me.

"She's overcoming a cold" Mia reminded him.

"Oh okay, well good thing I got a personal nurse" he laughed looking at me.

"Yeah.."

"Well I'll see you later baby" Mia kissed Kaiya.

"Bye guys, Dave caterers contacted me."

"Oh snap! Okay cool, we meet Wednesday" he reminded her.

"Okay, bye Janae" 

I wave good bye and Dave closers the door.

"What's up boo?" He kissed my forehead.

He hands Kaiya back to me and I begin to take off her coat and get her comfortable.

"Dada" Kai spoke.

"Yeah baby?" Dave responded to her, he kissed her.

"Let me go wash my hands and get comfortable and we chill okay?" He smiled at her.

I walked Kaiya and I to the living room and I sat on the couch. She laid her head on my chest, as I put on cartoons for her. 10 minutes later Dave came into the living room and shook his head.