50. The Key.

Okay, I've got some great news. Firstly, SICK BIRD IS #801 IN FANFICTION.🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

Secondly, this is the twentieth chapter I've written for the book!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

-

"Good, now, let's talk about the cure, shall we?" Dick said coldly, his gaze narrowing at Talia.

"Well," she rolled her eyes, dusting herself off. "Firstly, I think you need to know what you're dealing with..."

"Then get on with it," Roy growled.

"Red Arrow," Batman turned to the archer. "I think you should go."

"But—" the words died in Roy's throat when he realized what the older hero was thinking. "I'll be back."

As he turned around, Dick's shifted his gaze slightly to his brother. "Make sure he's safe."

Roy nodded, then walked away with Wally.

Once he left, Dick turned back to Talia. "Well?"

"It is a weaponized virus designed by Cadmus," Talia started. "It was made to give symptoms not that different from a common cold in it's beginning stages."

Bruce clenched his jaw, Dick noticed but stayed silent.

"And then things take a turn for the worst until..." She paused, a knowing smile on her lips. "Well, you know."

"Yes," Batman said slowly. "We do know, but what does he have to do with anything?'

"Slade broke into Cadmus, he knows much more about everything than I do," she sighed and shrugged. "Just consider me a mediator, I don't want to fall into your bad books."

The Dark Knight glared at her pointedly. "So, what is it that you want, Deathstroke?" he turned to the mercenary.

"What I want?" the man chuckled, "I want what you want, an antidote."

"Why?" Finally, Dick spoke up.

"Why?" Slade repeated. "Because you are The Batman's protégé."

In the midst of the silence Talia looked up at the cloudy sky. "You are the key...to everything."

-

The what? What the hell does that mean? Aren't you happy that there's one more chapter to go?😊