22: sour baby

Alyssa Mells POV

I feel asleep in his car again, Axel yawned as I opened my eyes, stretching about in the passenger seat. "You tired?" He asked, taking a turn down the street.

"Yeah." I replied tiredly, leaning my head towards him and opening my eyes into slits.

"I promise Als, that one day you won't have to be like this." He told me, I nodded, falling unconscious again. "Ally-bear wake up." I felt Axel unbuckle my seat belt and his warm hands lifted me in my seat. My eyes blinked open to meet the convenience store.

"No, sleep." I pouted, rolling away from him and opening the car door. "Hurry." I stood up stretching. Axel grabbed me before I fell over, causing me to scoff out laughs. "Carry me?" I asked quietly, leaning in to hug him, causing Axel to laugh lightly.

"Come on, I just need to get a few things." He tried to reason with me. I mumbled out a reply that didn't even make sense to me as he took my hand, leading me inside. The bright lights glaring down at me as I held Axels hand, noticing he was taking me to the clothes isle. "You're a this size right?" He asked, only getting a nod out of me. He started sifting through clothes and picked up a dark violet shirt. Humming to himself he slung it over his arm. "This your size?" He asked again, holding up pants. I hummed in response. He grabbed a few pairs of jeans and a black skirt. If I had been more aware I would have understood the meaning of anything he was saying to me but it all went over my head. He then bought a few small things like medical supplies and deodorant.

I watched him as he payed for everything, a young boy behind the counter who kept sending odd glances in my direction. Probably because of my messy hair and work uniform that I had yet to take off. Plus, I kind of smell like grilled meat. But thankfully I wasn't hungry, having made myself and Axel something from Busy Burger before we left.

"To think Al, soon it'll be seventeen days until your birthday." Axel commented, putting everything in the boot.

"I'm not as old as you." I smiled lazily in his direction.

"I'm not that old." He snorted, closing the boot. Getting into the car, the two of us made our way to the Allisons.

The week had gone by agonizingly slow, only when I had work though. School days going by in a blink as Amy became more anti-social. Why she had to keep to herself, I had a faint idea. She admitted to Axel that she had kissed Caleb that night and felt awful. But that didn't stop her as she admitted she kissed another guy before him. Someone she didn't know.

It was unfortunate to say that Amy might be heading for a adolescent break down.

Fighting off the drowsiness, I focused on the street lights we passed, my wolf lulling us to sleep. I fought her off, reassuring that we would sleep as soon as we got home.

I was to tired to correct myself.

The scent of Axel woke me up before he did, he had just opened the door to walk in, causing me to sit up. "I smelt you." I smiled, knowing he wouldn't find it an odd thing for me to say. He had been helping me work on enhancing my wolf senses.

"Good girl." He condescend, patting my head. Rolling my eyes, I got out of bed. "Amy left the house to go to school already." He told me.

"That's weird." I frowned, we were supposed to ride the bus together.

"I'll drive you to school - before you interject, I don't have a medical exam to study for." He told me, sitting on Amys swivel chair. "Are you going to get changed?" He asked smirking. Shaking my head laughing, he got up and walked out, not before sending me a wink. Stretching, I spied something odd. My duffel bag lay open on the floor.

Pushing myself off the bed, I approached my bag curiously. Had someone gone through it? I pulled it open and gasped. There was new clothes in my bag. Familiar new clothes. Last night - it all pieced together. Axel had bought me clothes.

My mouth opened I stepped out Amys room dressed, not in my new clothes, they seemed way to fancy to wear to school. "Axel?" I called out, fully aware his parents were out.

"Alyssa?" Came the reply, he was downstairs. I padded downstairs to see him sifting through one of the draws. "You look nice today." He greeted as I approached him.

"Why did you get me - " he cut me off.

"It's your birthday in seventeen days." He told me, pulling out a small flashlight from the draw. "You need to wear something special." He winked, walking back up his bedroom. "Time Alyssa." He called over his shoulder.

Rolling my eyes at him again, I looked down at my white watch. Seven forty eight. Eyes bulging, I raced upstairs. I need to leave at eight. Stuffing anything that I need into my bag, I pulled on my shoes, hopping around as I did so.

"You look silly." Axel laughed from the doorway. "Come on, it's nearly eight." Nodding my head I raced past him to get something to eat. I reached for an apple only for two pieces of toast to be handed to me. "Only butter just how you like it." He smiled encouragingly. Smiling, I took the toast from him.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Amy would be furious to know that Axel had driven me to school. She would claim that he never drove her anywhere and that he was being sweet on me. She has been saying that for years. Axel drives me to work and Amy can't get a job, not that she's tried yet. Her resume consisted of a few Percy Jackson quotes and a list of sports that she would watch, thanks to Axel.

Smiling I stepped out the blue BMW and made my way into school.