23: Changing

Axel Allisons POV

I stretched out across the grass, my wolf purring as I baked in the sun. Rosie bounded around Darren who, like me, was enjoying the sun.

Rosie baby can you calm down? Darren asked.

No! I'm very excited, she replied whit a nuzzle to his snout.

Why are you excited? I asked, earning a groan from Darren and Rosies' tail to wag more.

Seventeen days! She jumped around. Not to mention your promotional tour of the pack house! Oh my - what if you get a job in the pack house - that means we'll get to see you everyday!

We already do Rosie, Darren told her, his eyes watching his mate as she chased around a butterfly. Thankfully she wasn't bitter after finding out her hair dye didn't show up on her wolf, Darren told me she cried and demanded ice-cream when she had the realisation. Yawning, I stood up. How are things with Amy?

She hasn't been speaking to Alyssa, I told him, watching as Rosie rolled around in some flowers. Her wolfs fur covered in small brown flecks and patches. My gaze turned to Darrens black wolf when he didn't reply. What?

I was thinking we could egg Dorians house, Darrens dark eyes danced with mischief as he stood on all fours, tail wagging.

Yes please! Rosie called excited, bounding up from behind her mate and nipping at his tail. Rosie them ran underneath his stomach and nuzzled his shoulder.

We have reputations Darren, I shook my head in amusement.

I can't wait for Alyssa to start coming, Rosie couldn't contain her excitement as her tail smack against Darrens side.  Huffing, Darren made a whine as he nudged Rosie completely onto her side. The look she sent up at him was adorable, even as she tried to look menacing. What you going to do about it Beta? She teased. My eyes went wide as I turned my back on the two, not wanting to see the two flirt and have their "mate moments". I could hear Darren nip at her, causing her to giggle before she shifted back. "You're such a big boy!" She exclaimed loudly. Weirded out I turned to see Darren sending me an unimpressed glare as Rosie tried to get on his back. Giving in, Darren got onto his stomach and let her climb on. "Yay!" She cheered loudly. Shaking my coat, I waited for Darren to get beside me as he walked slowly, trying not to let his mate fall off.

You look so sad, I teased as Rosie grabbed fist fulls of fur to keep herself on.

My mates a weirdo, he replied.

I can hear you Dar-bear, Rosies voice said in a playful tone. And I think you're a weirdo as well! She cheered.

Darren shifted back and Rosie ended up getting a piggyback as we walked back to Busy Burger. "I'm surprised you come here when she's not."

"I still have a life you know." I scoffed.

"Yeah right." Rosie scoffed and she traced the tattoo that Darren had got before he met Rosie.

"That reminds me, Axel, what are you going to do when she finds out?" Darren asked as he let Rosie jump off.

"Offer her to move in with me." I told them, opening the door to Busy Burger.

"What!" Rosie shoved past Darren to get in front of me. "Do you even have a house?"

"I learnt - through research - that Alyssa is going to sign the lease for an apartment a little while after her birthday." I started as we took a seat. "I'll pay for it and we'll move in together, but if I get the pack house job, I'm automatically given an actual house to live in in the facilitie." Rosies mouth hung wide open.

"What are you going to do if she wants space? What if she isn't ready to accept that her best friends brother is her mate?" Darren asked gently, Rosie staring at his tattoo to help settle the nerves.

"Then I'll give her space." I told them.

"That's good - isn't that Amy?" Rosie sat ridged in her seat as she stared across the restaurant. And Rosie was right, across the floor sat Amy surrounded by a group of older teens.

"She is so dead." I chuckled darkly, getting up from my seat. Rosie and Darren right behind me.