Chapter 28

"Your touch makes me feel all warm and fuzzy."

Jay had done his utmost to prepare a lavish dinner for everyone and boy was he praised and awed for his outstanding cooking skills

Aahana couldn't help but roll her eyes when everyone started to gush about how brilliant of a cook he had become at such a young age and should start his restaurant already. And Jay being the cocky bastard, bragged about himself in the most modest way he could, throwing sly smiles now and then.

Soon dinner was over where the conversation was kept to a minimum as all of them were more interested in the food in front of them. Undoubtedly, anyone would mistake the food to be of a five-star restaurant.

After that, they carried their desert to the drawing-room and made themselves comfortable as they started with their 'plan'.

Urvashi sat beside Aahana and asked about Atharva. Of course.

Aahana felt extremely mad but she didn't refuse to answer. In fact, she gave a polite smile and said he was good and busy with work. Something Atharva would say to people he wanted to keep at bay.

Urvashi smiled back in response, but the smile was sad. Unshed tears glistened in her eyes and Aahana knew her emotional charade was about to begin so she quickly excused herself to the restroom and took deep breaths. Oh how much she wanted to drag that woman by her hair and throw her out of the house.

Now only if she could.

But it was his secret. His to tell. His to fight.

When she came out, she had calmed herself down. She silently sat beside Jay on the mat and watched all of them discuss Atharva's birthday party.

She didn't like it.

Sure she wanted them to be a part of it but she was the one wanting to organise the entire party for her husband and knowing he hadn't celebrated it for so long, she wanted to make it more special.

She wouldn't let anyone spoil it for him.

She had one idea in her mind.

It may sound clichéd, but every day in the month of May, she was going to give him a gift. Small or big didn't matter but sentimental enough to make him realize how much he mattered to her.

She kept it to herself and listened to them. It wasn't like those things were going to happen. But it gave them happiness and so, she let them be.

She didn't realize she had dozed off, her head leaning against Jay's shoulder until he shook her awake.

"You really did sleep on Atharv's birthday discussion," Dinesh said, mirth dancing in his eyes and she blushed slightly and sat straighter, looking everywhere but at them to avoid their amused gazes.