chapter 34 -I am in deep trouble now

You can also read my second book, 'BROKEN BUT YOURS' on my profile. You're gonna love it!

Lara's P.O.V. :

"Where the hell have you been the whole day? We've made a deal if you remember, Mr. Adams." I whisper yelled at him crossing my arms over my chest.

"I do remember. And I didn't go out for my business. I had some...personal work in Beijing so I had to go out with Jake and Ian. Now calm down or else your surgeon will start doubting us." He said encircling his hand around my waist which caught me off guard and I looked at him with a frown on my face.

I could feel my goosebumps rising. 

Oh this proximity is going to be hard.

Are you complaining Lara? My inner voice asked me.

No... Yes..

Shut up!

Wait a minute.

My surgeon?

"My surgeon? Where did that come from?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah. Haven't you noticed how that surgeon keeps staring at you like a creep? I'll poke his eyes if he doesn't stop staring at you." he said looking at Mr. Lee distastefully who was indeed looking at me. Oh boy, he doesn't know it's Mr. Lee's habit. When he starts looking at something or someone, it becomes hard for him to avert his gaze thereafter. He did tell me the name of this habit but I don't remember now.

But wait...is Mr. Adams jealous? Should I ask him?

Umm...No. Even if I ask, he won't say anything.

But is he really jealous?

I bit my lips to stop the smile that was threatening to appear. I cannot show him how much he and his possessiveness affects me. I just can't let him know. It's not right.

I looked everywhere but him to avoid any eye contact with him.

"We should better join others." I said and moved away from his hold.

"Yeah." He said realizing he just sounded jealous.

What is this all happening? What is this strange feeling? Is this what we call love?

Stop thinking about it, Lara! I scolded myself.

He held my hand and walked us towards the whole gang who were seated around the bonfire near the beautiful lake which was situated at the middle of the market of Hunan.

Today is the first day of the Chinese love festival. Nam said that this festival takes place for 3 days in which many couples come to Hunan province and takes part in various couple activities organised by the administrators of the province. She also said that the village is decorated with red flowers. Even this lake is covered with the red flowers to signify love and to enhance the beauty of this place. I could see dozen of men working on covering the lake with the red flowers.

 I could see dozen of men working on covering the lake with the red flowers