2. Lifeless

I was drifting deeper and deeper into the black abyss; falling as if my death had no meaning, as if my whole life filled with blood-lust had been for nothing.
Then I felt my Línghún getting pulled backwards with a great amount of force. 'Maybe now my life will have purpose?' was my final thought before I was dragged through the Ménhù before me.
I awoke to birds chirping and sunlight streaming through the paper screen that made up my walls.
A/N: so cliched right
Slowly I got up and all at once the pain hit me like a sack of bricks. Trying to find the source of my discomfort, I rolled up the sleeves of my sheni to find my arms mottled with hideous green and purple bruises which looked as if they had come from repeated whippings.
Wait! Why am I wearing a sheni? Why are the walls made from paper? Who am I ?
I ran to what appeared to be a dressing table and found a grotesque bruise covering half the face of a otherwise stunning girl. Who is she? Where am I?
I ran outside to see men and women in traditional Chinese clothing. Then it dawned on me I had travelled through space and time!
(To the audience) Okay I know that I am a top assassin but Sci-Fi movies are my life!
I gently touched my bruises and I fainted at the memory of the pain. Wait, an image was conjuring in my mind!
********************************************
Flashback

"You ugly wench", a pretty girl in an expensive dress screamed at me holding a whip and landing a strike on me every alternate syllable," your mother died because you are so ugly and your father shuns you. No one needs you! Die Ai Jei Sun."
********************************************
I shiver in anger at the memory. I will kill her for abusing this girl to the point that she died. Who is she?
Cousin 'Linxuan Sun' popped into my head accompanied by a picture of her face. Thank you, memory of this poor abused girl.
"Now time to get revenge."