Homecoming [S1:E8]

| October 21 | Saturday |

"Sam, come here! I have something for you!" Megan called from the den.

I roughed my hair one more time before I pulled back and escaped from our bathroom. When I made it out our room I spotted her holding up a shopping bag.

I smirked. "You got me a gift?"

She gave me a nod.

The smile on my lips expanded as I moved closer to her. Megan seemed giddy as she handed me the bag and waited for me to open it.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"Actually, I did." She sat on the couch. "Because you destroyed the other one."

I squinted my eyes in thought. What could she-

"My favorite mug?" I guessed with a grin.

I reached in and pulled out what she had bought, but realized it wasn't a mug.

"I told you, I can't find a replica of that mug anywhere," Megan claimed. "But you also needed another shirt for tonight's game considering you decided to do car maintenance in your last one."

I held up the yellow Mizzou State shirt and smiled. "I miss that mug."

"Well you shouldn't have broken it," Megan teased.

I frowned. "It was an accident."

"I know." Megan pulled me into her. "I'll keep looking."

My face heated as I allowed her to kiss me. Although, I was grateful she had gotten me a Mizzou shirt. I would've most likely been the only one not wearing spirit colors today if she hadn't. College sports were serious business to about ninety-five percent of Missouri's population.

And I was in the remaining five.

"Because if you're not wearing the colors..." Megan started.

"You might as well be rooting for the other team," I finished. "I know the drill. But why choose the God-awful color of mustard yellow?"

"It's not yellow, Sam. It's gold."

I held up the shirt. "This is yellow. Gold is shiny."

She folded her arms. "Well they didn't have black shirts, okay? But it's cute."

I inspected the gift and shrugged. "I think we can agree to disagree."

"Go change." Megan folded up the gift bag for recycling. "Blair and Tony are waiting for us."

"The game is not for another like, four hours?"

"Yeah," Megan said. "It's called tailgating. The best part about college football."

I just raised a brow.

"You've never gone tailgating before?" she wondered.

"I was never a fan of football," I claimed. "So I usually stayed far away from anything that had to do with it."

Megan seemed shocked that I, a Missouri native, had never once been tailgating. Of course, I had been to football games, courtesy of Blair forcing me to attend back in high school, but never college.

She smirked. "Well, you'll like it."

"I guess I'll take your word for it," I flirted.

I caught her biting her lip before I turned away to change. Last year I hadn't been able to experience tailgating since I had to work at Buddy's shop, but I had caught the game. And even though it was football, I still found myself excited.