Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Sam

I've been sitting in the cell for about two hours now with nothing to do other than worry about the safety of the pack and Xander. I'm still hoping that Xander called Cameron to allow him to help us win this war. I sighed in frustration.

"Everything's going to be alright, right?" I heard Aurora ask, her voice laced with worry.

Arthur looked at her and didn't say a word. There's no way to tell how this war is going to turn out.

"Where's Stella?" Aurora asked, her worry increasing at the thought of her daughter being missing.

"Don't worry, I know she's safe," Arthur said reassuringly.

I didn't bother joining the conversation. There was nothing to say, and also because of the fact that Arthur doesn't like me because I'm "the weakest wolf ever alive" and I'm "weaker than an omega." That stung because of the fact that he's right, and he'll always be right. I'm just a weak she-wolf.

I was brought out of my self-doubt when a noise sounded from the entrance of the safehouse.

"I'll be right back, and don't do anything," Arthur said, giving me a stern look before heading to the entrance of the safehouse.

I looked at Aurora who looked at me worriedly before sitting against the wall of the cell.

"Let me go! I can walk on my own, thank you very much!" a voice snapped, making me look up to see who it was.

Adriana was being held by two guards, one following behind, and practically dragging her to the cells. She sniffed the air before her attention was put on me.

"Sam! Can you tell these statues to let me go? I'm perfectly capable of walking on my own," she said while giving me a look.

I stared at her, not saying anything. I could feel my wolf shaking and growling in anger, wanting nothing more than to sink her teeth in Adriana's flesh and make her bleed to death for what she did.

"Well? Are you going to tell them to let me go?" Adriana asked, looking a little impatient.

I shook my head and glared at her.

"Why are you glaring at me?" she asked, putting her hands up in defense as much as she could with the guards holding her arms. She gave me an innocent look and smiled.

"Oh, I think you know why I'm glaring at you, you piece of trash!" I screamed at her, my canines showing and my claws starting to show.

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked, looking at me as if I grew three heads at the wrongs spots.

I growled at her, feeling my bones start to shift into my wolf.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," I told her. My voice was starting to get a little deeper with every word I spoke. My wolf fighting me for control.

"Listen, you have problems, I don't. I suggest you get them fixed before your little bundle of joy gets here. Wouldn't want your kid to think that his or her mother is crazy, now would we?" she asked, an irritated look on her face.

My growling stopped and so did my heart. Well, it felt that way. Everything was dead silent.

"What . . . did you say, bitch?" My wolf and I asked. I could feel my eyes turning black from all the anger I'm feeling.

"You heard me. It's obvious, I could smell it from a mile away. Did you really think that you wouldn't get pregnant after all the fucking you guys did? Wow," Adriana said, shaking her head in mock disappointment.

I growled loudly, shaking the walls of the safe house.

"Take her away before I lose my sh*t and snap her neck," I told the guards, feeling my wolf about to take control.

They nodded before scurrying off and taking Adriana as far away from me as possible.

"Let go of me, you idiots! I'm your female beta and you should be following my orders!" I heard her voice shouting at the guards.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my wolf, but finding it futile. I paced around my cell, trying to think of a way to prevent myself from storming over at Adriana's cell and ripping her organs out of her body and using it as a decoration for the garden.

"Well, that was . . . interesting," Arthur said, coming back from the main entrance.

I looked at him. "You heard?" I asked, my voice still sounding a little rough.

"I'm an alpha, remember?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Right . . ." I muttered.

I looked at Aurora to see her looking at me with shock, happiness, and love.

"You'll be a great mother, Sam. I just know it," she said.

I smiled at her. "I hope so," I replied.

I can feel my happiness starting to spread, creating a warm feeling in my body. I looked at my stomach and imagined it growing big.

"It's about time that someone told you, you know?" Arthur said, leaning on the wall.

I looked at him in surprise.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Of course. I was just waiting for you to realize. Seeing as I'm an alpha, my senses are much stronger than of an average wolf. I wouldn't be surprised if Xander knew all this time," he said.

I looked at him and frowned. I was the only one who didn't know that I was pregnant? That's just sad.

"Nothing to worry about. You're only about two months far, so it's not that surprising that you haven't sensed it yet." Arthur said, giving me a small smile.

I looked at him in surprise. I thought he didn't like me?

He looked at my expression and chuckled.

"I . . . apologize for my actions and hurtful words the other night. I wasn't thinking straight. I was just worried that if Xander gets carried away with his mate then he'll start abandoning his alpha duties, and that can cause the downfall of the pack. I never really hated you," he explained.

"But," he continued. "You must know that what I told you was true. You're weak and you're not fit to be a luna, but we can work on that and help you improve." he finished.

I looked at him, not knowing how to feel.

"Uh . . . thanks. .?" I said, feeling awkward.

He just chuckled in response.

"So, how's the life without my amazing self so far?" a voice asked. We all looked at the source of the voice to see a grinning Cameron.

_________________________________________________________________

Want to know what happens next? Go on my profile, click on my bio, follow all the steps, and you're good to go! 

Happy reading!