Chapter 31

Warnings: Feels <3

     ~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

     Vikk and Hunter both have a full ten hearts... Which I assume means that they're both fully healed. These hearts things are new to me... So I don't really know. And then BOOM. On either side the hearts are going down faster than a creeper running from an ocelot. The rapid decline in health is so quick, and so sudden, that the six of us let out a yell of shock. Panic floods my mind, and all reality is right now, is the unsteady pounding of my heart and the race to see who will run out of 'health' first.

     I nearly faint when I see Vikk is down to a mere three hearts. But then... My gaze flicks to Hunters.

     Two and a half.

     He's down by a half a heart.

     Somewhere beside me I can hear a faint, "Vikk's going to make it."

     "Yeah I know, but what if he doesn't get healed right away after Hunter dies? The fire will still kill him!" Is what I'd say, if the words weren't catching in my throat, the only sound escaping a slight whine.

     And then, as quickly as it had begun, it stops. A single half a heart is glowing among Vikk's previous ten... And on Hunters side, there are none. Fireworks light the night sky, colours of blue, red, yellow, and every colour imaginable painting the darkness. In the midst of the fireworks, big bright white letters depict the winner:

  =#=#=VIKK WINS THE GAME #=#=#

    "He... He did it..." Jerome speaks, barely above a whisper, as the last of the fireworks fizzle out.

     The information settles in for a moment... and then we all break out into cries of happiness and laughter, dancing around and slapping each other the backs, and exchanging tight hugs. 

     "VIKK DID IT!" Preston hollers, repeating Jerome's statement joyfully.

       We all gather in a tight group hug, laughing and whooping in excitement. A smirk crosses Rob's face when he sees the glint of tears rolling off of Mitch's cheeks.

     "Awwww..." He coos, sticking out his bottom lip and making puppy eyes. "Is big tough Mitchy poo crying?"
     "Wh- NO!" Mitch retaliates, reeling back and furiously wiping away the tears. "I just caught something in my eye..."
     "What is it?" Preston asks, feigning innocence.
      "TEARS!" Mitch admits loudly, pulling back his hands to reveal his reddened eyes, and more tears streaming down his face.

     We all laugh at this remark, and that's when I realize we're missing someone. In our celebration of Vikk's winning, we forgot Vikk himself. A brief wave of anxiety shoots through me. Wouldn't it be awful if, while we were joking around and celebrating, we accidentally left Vikk to die on his own out in the wild.

     "But wait." I interrupt, a frown crossing my face. "Where IS Vikk?"
     "You called?"

     I whirl around at the new voice. New... But one I know all too well. A grin breaks out on my face so wide, that the muscles around my lips become almost pained in tension.

     "VIKK!" I screech, literally diving forward and tackling him in a hug, nearly knocking him to the ground.

     And then another force is pushing us from the right. And then a second from the left. And another. And another. Now all five of us are crowded around Vikk, pretty much suffocating him in a bone-crushing embrace. And then, over Vikk's shoulder, a catch a glimpse of mischief in Jerome's onyx black eyes.

     "Jerome... What're you-"
     "DOGPILE!!!" He bellows, nearly breaking my and everyone else's eardrums.

Jerome shoves us all apart, causing us all to stumble back, and in Vikk's case, fall to the ground. Mitch tackles me, and I trip over Vikk's legs, falling on top of him. Mitch topples over me, followed by Jerome, Preston, and finally Rob as he launched himself on the top of the pile. All this happens in a span of about seven seconds. Bouts of laughter erupt from everyone piled on top me, and I can't help but join them.

"Can't... Breathe..." Vikk gasps out from underneath me, chuckling slightly. "You guys are crushing me...!"
I smile, an idea forming in my head. "Hang on, I got this."

Bracing myself on my hands and knees-or as much as I can given the weight pushing down on me-I tense all the muscles in my thighs and arch my back, pushing up at the same time. This causes Jerome, Rob, Preston, and Mitch to all loose balance and fall to the ground on either side of me. I stand up tall, letting out a victorious holler. And then, there's about five seconds of silence, where we all exchange glances and look at our positions. All at once the room erupts with laughter. Vikk laughs lightly, shaking his head, Preston is rolling on the ground in fits of laughter, Rob is laughing so hard his face looks as red as a nether wart, Jerome looks like he's about to die, Mitch is repeatedly banging his fist on the ground as laughter spills from his mouth, and I actually have to sit down, wiping away tears as they trickle down my cheeks because I'm laughing so hard.

     After what seems like an eternity, we finally manage to calm ourselves down, faces red and stained with tear tracks from laughing. By now, a small crowd has gathered around us. They all cast confused glances at the six of us, no doubt wondering A. What are these six outsiders doing in our kingdom B. What should we do and C. Where's Hunter. Vikk is still giggling slightly under his breath, wiping away his tears with the palm of his hands. Jerome clears his throat, nudging Vikk with his elbow.

     "Looks like you've got an audience." He murmurs.

     Vikk's eyes widen, and he hastily stands up, brushing off his clothing and coughing awkwardly. Myself and the others follow suit, and I can feel the heat rise in my cheeks due to embarrassment.

     "Hello, everyone. Um... Not really sure how else to explain this to you so..." Vikk trials off, scratching the back of his head. "I challenged Hunter for the ownership of this kingdom, so now he's dead, and you've gotta listen to me now." Vikk states bluntly.

     A murmur of worry and surprise echoes through the people.

     "Gather everyone here, please. Then I'll address you guys properly." Vikk commands, now beginning to look more serious.

     No body moves, or makes a sound. I glare at the small crowd standing in front of us.

     "You heard him, MOVE!" I snap, trying to seem intimidating and strict, stamping my foot down at the same time.

     That does the trick, and in a swarm of confused and worried voices, the people rush away.

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Tbh I've kinda forgotten which order would make sense, in terms of travelling time, for the Pack to travel to each other kingdom. (Besides the Rouge kingdom, that's going to come last.) So... What kingdom do you want to see taken over next?

Spell kingdom
Royal kingdom
Or
Mutant kingdom
(The rouge kingdom is coming last)

My answer: idk, that's why I'm asking you guys XD