11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

EVERY part of her body ached once she woke up.

jennie probably should've listened to the nurses who told her to go home and get proper rest, that those chairs were excruciating, but she just couldn't leave jisoo. after all, she promised her girlfriend she would stay.

stretching her arms above her head, she felt how her bones popped and made sounds they definitely should not make. ignoring the dull pain, jennie then rubbed the sleep away from her eyes. she checked the time on her phone, seeing that it was still early, barely five past seven in the morning; also seeing there were no new messages- something she was grateful for. but all those thoughts faded from her mind once she heard the door creak open.

"you're here?"

jennie abruptly turned around in the plastic chair, only to see it was someone she already knew.

"nayoung?" words tiredly spoken. "is everything okay?"

"everything's gre-" nayoung stopped, confusing jennie. but then she cleared her throat, "it's good. he's getting discharged today."

again, jennie was perplexed about who the girl was talking about. it soon clicked, though, once she pointed her index to the ceiling. right, her cousin was on the floor above us. pushing all her sadness down, jennie stood up from the seat, walking over to nayoung.

"i'm happy to hear that," she brought the girl into a hug, genuine smile on her face.

she couldn't fake it, especially not when nayoung and her cousin had treated her so well. jennie felt she was allowed to be herself around them, even if some days, she couldn't quite bring herself to laugh along with them. they didn't mind, telling her that they understood. neither gave her 'that look', which, she was extremely thankful for, because she already had enough of it from the other nurses and doctors who were looking after jisoo.

she will be okay.

when nayoung was about to leave the hospital, jennie told her she would be there to say goodbye, but needed a moment with jisoo first.

"i'll be right back, okay?" jennie kissed the back of her girlfriend's hand.

no response. nothing new.

"what's the bet you're going to wake up when i leave?" she sighed, "you always woke up after i left the bed to make breakfast," a quiet laugh, then, "but that's fine if you want to wake up, because i'll be back to give you the biggest hug, okay?"

jennie walked away, stopping at the door to give one last glance to jisoo.

she will wake up soon.