27

Daichi informs Ukai and I that we get to serve first. "Formation B?" Ukai sits down next to me. I nod my head. The players line up and greet each other with a shout. Karasuno jogs to the sidelines and grabs a swig of water. "Alright, the other team has lost their third years, but there was only one so most of the power comes from the second years! Be careful of #1 on your left!" Ukai calls out of the chattering crowd."OSU!" He looks down to me, waiting for my to speak.

"We'll be going with formation B to start with. I'll be watching them and if we get in a jam, I'll get you out of it," I nod to Takeda-sensei after the yell of affirmation. "You've played over 70 games with Kanto champions and you know how to take on unfamiliar challenges. The new weapons that started out a failures are now taking shape,"

"So go out there are get the victory for all of our frustrations," the loud yells of our team ring out as the take to the stage. In this formation, Asahi serves first. He sends the ball up and jumps. I watch excitedly as he swings his arm overhead and the ball slams down on the other court before they can even react. I smirk as the other team hopelessly flounders and the first serve of the game.

~~~

Receive, run, run, jump, spike, block. Karasuno moves like a well oiled machine even without showing off our tricks. "Feint," I mutter as Daichi hits up the ball from almost under the net. We score back to back to back until we finally reach set point. Hinata jumps diagonally from where he once stood and gets a point with the legendary quick.

Between sets, the captain seems to be engaging in conversation with a former player, probably the third year. It catches the attention of our boys as well. "I'm gonna say it," I raise an eyebrow.

"WE"RE GONNA BEAT KARASUNO AND OVERTHROW SHIRATORIZAWA!" I smirk at his bold proclamations and cross my leg. "Challenge accepted!" my eyes dart over to Tanaka wearing a smirk and the whole team staring down their opponents.

~~~

We reach set point with an 11 point difference. I could feel the frustration coming off of their #1. With one final burst of energy he attempts to spike the ball down. Asahi lunges towards the ball, sending it to Kageyama. With a quick toss to Hinata, the game is over. 

"Alright the pick up the balls and get out of here!" Ukai calls out. "OSU!" the team quickly picks up the court. We have yet to use our synced attack, minus tempo attacks, libero toss, or even a three man block. I play with the strap of my bag, deep in thought. What will our next game entail.

"Chi-chan we're leaving!" a cheerful voice snaps me out of thought. Sugawara waves his arm around, helping me locate our team already almost out the door. I trot over and meet up with the rest of the team. "We know the team we're playing against and it's exactly who we thought," Ukai trots over to me. I nod knowingly. "What color are their jerseys?" I ask looking around. "Lime green," I nod and set out on my quest to gain info on our opponents.

I find a cluster of lime jerseys and analyze them. The 2 meters guy is being relied on heavily. I can see the calves twitching just when standing. The other players don't seem to have had as much pressure put on them at all. The tall one looks to be a first year, not too experienced. Plus the volleyball community would have been on his case earlier if he was a more seasoned player.

I walk nonchalantly as possible passed the cluster and towards the bathroom, "Look it's Karasuno-chan," My shoulders bunch up and a strangled noise comes form the back of my throat. I look over and see 2 meters staring down at me. "U-Uh," I stutter out before ducking into the girls' restroom.

Why did they even call me out? What was the point? Are they trying to intimidate me? I use the time spent in front of the vacant mirror to recompose myself. As I ready myself to leave the bathroom, I put my earbuds in so they won't be tempted to speak to me. I stand in front of the door and take a deep breath. He's just a person, nothing to be weary of. I push the door open and avoid  eye contact as I search for my team.