(11) Are you saying I smell?

Primrose's POV

Esme and Cassy are out of the house for the day, so Alex invites himself over. He's sitting at my desk, scrolling on his phone, while I look through my closet.

"How long do these things usually last?" I ask.

"Only a few hours. My parents just like showing off their money to their rich friends." He says, sighing.

"What do they do for a living?" I ask.

"My dad owns a music label. That's the only reason I became "famous" and went on a mini tour." He says. "Then my mom is an investment banker." Damn... That's a lot of money.

"Did you want to become a singer?" I ask, peeking my head out of my closet.

"Honestly... No, I wanted to pursue dance. But my dad didn't think I had a future with that. My mom was supportive, though. Her deal was that if I signed the contract to my dad's music company and ended up hating it, I won't renew it." He states.

"I get to decide what I do for college, and if it's dance, she'll talk to my dad." He says.

"Does your dad know you're going to Juilliard?" I ask, picking out a dress.

"No..." He mumbles.

"Coming from a family of dancers, I think we were successful. They had a decent paycheck and got to do what they were passionate about." I say, shrugging.

"I bet they're so proud of you for getting into the same school as them." He says with a cute smile. I shyly smile back and look away.

"Speaking of family, we must come up with our cover story," Alex says with a grin.

"Sure. What made me want to date you?" I ask, plopping onto my bed. What doesn't make you want to date him? Shut up.

"Obviously, my good looks and my charm." He says, winking.

"And what exactly makes you good-looking? I'm the pretty one in this relationship." I state.

"Babe, are you labeling us? Being your boyfriend doesn't sound so bad..." He says, pretending to think.

I blush and hit his arm. "You're the one who lied about having a girlfriend. What made you do that?" I ask.

"My dad said I shouldn't make any close friends because he thinks they'll use me. I partly agree, but I know I can listen to my gut. If someone is using me, I'll know." He says.

"You got a private jet?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes and says, "No..." If he doesn't have a private jet, I don't want him. Your priorities are so wrong.

I frown, and he laughs. "I do have connections of how to borrow one, though."

"Stop. I was kidding!" I exclaim.

"I wasn't. I can take you anywhere right now if you want." He says seriously.

"I don't exactly have anywhere in mind, but leaving this dump sounds like a dream," I say. I glance at Esme's house, remembering my fun memories with my parents.