Chapter Thirteen

*Layla*

  I was paying attention to the movie and didn't heard anything so I didn't realize anyone was behind me until something touched my shoulder and I screaming smacking whoever it was with my pillow without looking until a loud thud sounded and I looked down to see Prince Amir on the ground with a dazed look and Ian started laughing. 

  "Sorry," I squeaked dropping the pillow. "I didn't mean too, you startled me and I reacted before thinking."

  "Its okay," Amir said getting up and sitting in the chair. "I was just coming to tell you you're friend were asking for you."

  "Thanks," I nodded before running out and rushing back to the guest rooms me and Thomas had been sharing. 

  "LAYLA!" several voices yelled and I was tackled to the floor.

  "Are you okay?"

   "Did you get hurt?"

   "Was Ian good to you?"

  "Why are you wearing men's clothing?" I blushed at the last questioned realizing I was still wearing Ian's shirt.

  "Uh..." 

*Ian*

  "I take it she's doing better," Amir said as I cleaned the mess up. 

  "Besides the slight panic attack when she woke up, she's been fine. Did you find anything out from the guards?" I asked dropping down on the couch turning the movie off.

  "No serious injures, just a few cuts and scraps. Carol and Ferandez were drugged and didn't see who got them," Amir said running a hand down his face. "These attacks are getting more and more dangerous, we need to finish up the negotiations before someone is killed."

  "I know," I sighed. "Vanessa is all for helping us finish her end and Gabriel want to keep one of the underground islands open. That man is turning into his grandfather and I fear for Nessa's life if he gets angry."

  "We'll do Nessa's end after things have calmed down then after the corrination work with Gabriel," he said staring at the wall. 

  "That's what I was thinking," I hummed leaning over to pick up a gold chain that had a small compass pendant on it. "She kept it."

  "What's that?" Amir asked and I held it out to him.

  "It's Layla's," I said with a small smile. "She was nine when she decided she want to be a journalist and travel the world, so for her birthday I got her that necklace and told her if she ever got lost it would help her find her way back home."

  "That's cute," Amir chuckled opening the locket and smiling before handing it to me and I looked at the inside gasping softly when I saw the two pictures she had on the inside, one of her and her dad and the other of the both of us cover in paint. "Its seems she more fond of you than you thought."

  "I don't want her to leave again," I whispered clinching the necklace in my hand. "I can't let her leave again."

  "Then tell her how you feel," Amir said standing up and leaving.