14

Adora

I walked into the kitchen quietly in an attempt to not wake the boys from their nap that I'd just gotten them down for, grabbing a glass of water as soon as I made it to the fridge.

I opened the pantry and leaned against the door, puckering my lips out as I examined the snack options.

"Looking for something in particular?"

I jumped, pressing a hand over my chest. "God, you scared me."

I turned around and Alessandra was facing me, her arms folded over her chest. Her made-up eyebrows were lifted and I just pursed my lips together. "The boys are asleep."

"Yes. I'm aware," she said, reaching forward to grab her Louis Vuitton bag, "I'll be back tonight."

I bit down on my bottom lip as she slammed the door shut behind her, letting out a puff of air. I closed the pantry door and leaned against the counter, grabbing my glass of water.

I pulled the glass up to my lips and closed my eyes as I took a drink, licking my lips after I swallowed the little bit of water.

I opened my eyes and looked in front of me at the staircase, nearly dropping my glass as soon as my eyes were met with Santiago King's nearly naked body.

Only a towel was wrapped around him, barely hanging off of his hips. I knew my face was probably priceless, my lips parted and my eyes boring into the beautiful man walking down the stairs. I trailed my eyes up to his abdomen and his defined abs were extremely noticeable. His eyes were fixated on his phone, and thankfully not on me basically drooling over him.

He looked up from his phone and lifted his eyebrows nonchalantly, a smile on his face. "Hi. I can't say I was expecting guests."

I pursed my lips together and looked away from him finally. "I-I just got the boys to sleep."

He nodded and folded his bulky arms over his broad chest, and I couldn't help but to let my eyes wander back to him.

How is the man so perfectly sculpted? Is that normal?

"Something's on your mind. Or something's making you uncomfortable."

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and tried my hardest to put on the defiant act I usually could. "M-maybe it's the fact that you're still halfway naked and haven't bothered to even consider changing."

"Ah, I just assumed you liked it by the way you looked at me while I walked down the stairs. And how you're stuttering."

I pursed my lips together and rolled my eyes in the back of my head. "I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd put on some clothes."

He shot me a charming smile, his arms falling from his chest. "Okay. Since it makes you so uncomfortable."

He gave the counter a good pat and I rolled my hands into fists.

"Isn't it supposed to make me uncomfortable, Mr. King? Boss?" I spat back, making him stop in his tracks.

"I don't know, is it?"

He spun around and his eyebrows shot up, then furrowed back together as he folded his arms over his chest when I couldn't spit an answer out. His lips pulled into a smile and he nodded. "There's my answer. You can leave, I've got the boys for the rest of the day."

I hesitated before nodding and pursing my lips together, grabbing my bag before I got to the door as quickly as I could to exit the King residence.