Chapter 2

I was holding Teddy's arm as he led me down the hallways of Malfoy manor. I don't know how I felt. I was honored that the Dark Lord would accept me as his own along with nervous that I would be getting married before I graduated Hogwarts, and I was unsure what was really going to happen. When we stopped I was jolted from my thoughts. Teddy knocked on the door and a second later my mother called for us to enter. "Well it appears that you to have already taken a liking to one another. How lovely." She walked over to us with her usual swagger and grabbed my arm. "Young lord may I borrow my daughter from you for just one moment?" She asked. "Of course Bellatrix she was yours first and as seeing we have a long time ahead of us I don't see why not." He said this with much confidence and his voice never wavered like most do when they speak to my mother. Once Teddy leaves my mother runs around doing silencing spells. When she is finished she turns back to me. "Dear little Jade, oh how you have grown." She pauses looking a bit worried as she says the next part. "Are you happy my dear cause if you have any issues with this arrangement it would be wise to speak now." She looks at me her eyes wide and intense. "Well see mother I am unsure how I feel" I pause and see her bite her lip "the Dark Lord's son is handsome and I may find happiness with him but I am scared as I really don't want to be married so, so soon" I finish. She looks at me and I for once see past her hard shell and notice the little sliver of kindness and love she still has left. "Well a promise is a promise and you shall be wed to Theodore one way or another any public protests will not be tolerated." She states and I nod in acknowledgment. I was about to leave when all of the sudden my brain started to fill with doubt and worry and a want to have for once a choice. "Mother must I marry him? He doesn't know me couldn't we be bound like siblings not as man and wife?" Mother looks at me startled "no" is all she says and with a wave of her hand she dismisses me. Once I am out of her room I decided to go to the field and practice flying for Quidditch. As I fly on my broom zipping back and forth between the trees I fail to keep track of the time. When I finally stop I notice the sun has almost set as I scan the horizon I notice a shadow out on the field, it is a man on a broom watching me. I look at him with curiosity who could he be and why would he be watching me.