Pregnant

Hello lovelies! I bring you another one shot! Thank you guys so much for all the incredible votes and follows! Y'all are truly amazing!
________________________
"Maya Matthews?" The nurse asked as she came out into the waiting room. Maya looked up from her phone and smiled at the nurse.

"That's me." She replied as she sent a quick text to Josh and grabbed her stuff following the nurse back into one of the rooms.

"So what can I help you with Mrs. Matthews?" The nurse asked politely as she smiled at Maya while leaning against the counter.

"Well I have been waking up at all hours of the night throwing up, some mornings I don't feel like getting out of bed, I have been having major headaches and plus I'm late." Maya explained to the nurse as she nodded.

"Have you taken a pregnancy test?" She asked as she grabbed her clip board and started writing some notes down. Maya nodded her head.

"I took three. One was negative but the other two were positive. I just want to be sure." Maya explained. The nurse smiled at her and nodded.

"Yes mam. I will be right back." The nurse existed the room closing the door behind her.

Maya took a huge breath. To say she was nervous was an understatement, she was scared out of her mind. Her and Josh had been talking about having kids for the longest time and now it might actually happen. After they hit the one year mark in their marriage, both of them got major baby fever. Riley and Lucas had just had their first kid and Farkle and Smackle had just gotten pregnant. Josh and Maya had agreed to wait another year before actually trying for a kid because they would be more financially stable at that moment of their lives but here she was six months later instead, sitting in a doctors office waiting to take a blood test to see if she was pregnant.

Josh didn't know about Maya's possible pregnancy. As far as he knew she was here to see if she had the flu or something. If she told him about her symptoms he would get too excited and then be hurt if the tests came back negative. She couldn't do that to him, she wanted to be for sure before she told him. Maya's thoughts were interrupted by the nurse coming in with some stuff in her hands.

"Alright Maya. I'm going to take some blood and to be extra sure I want you to pee in this cup." The nurse spoke as she put her stuff down and handed Maya a cup. Ten minutes later Maya had taken all her tests and was thanking the nurse as she headed out of the doctors office.

"I should be calling you in about two weeks for your results." The nurse said as she waved at Maya. Maya thanked her and walked out of the building and to her car saying a silent prayer asking God to please let the rest come back positive.
~
It had been two weeks since Maya ha been to the Doctor and she was expecting that phone call any minute now. Josh had refused to let Maya go to work until her results had come back from the doctor saying what she had. Of course Josh still thought that Maya was sick, he had no idea that theses test results would determine rather or not he would become a father. Suddenly the phone rang and Maya immediately picked it up when she saw that it was a unknown number.

"Mrs. Matthews?" The nurse on the other line spoke. Maya nodded her head but then realized that the nurse couldn't see her.

"Yes it is." She replied with a shaking voice.

"Well Maya we just got your test result back and congratulations! It looks like you and your husband are going to be parents!" The nurse said excitedly. Maya smiled huge.

"Thank you so much!" Maya exclaimed as she felt her heart beat out of her chest.

"We can schedule your first appointment on the 1st of August!" The nurse said.

"Of course that's perfect!"

"Ten o'clock okay?"

"Perfect! See you then!" Maya exclaimed as she hung up. She couldn't believe it, she was going to be a mom! Now she had to figure out a way to tell Josh.

Josh would be home that night at around eight. He had a huge day at court today and wouldn't be getting home in time for dinner. Maya racked her brain all day until she came up with the perfect plan. Josh had the final trial in a huge case today and from the way he talked about it earlier that morning, Josh seemed pretty confident that they were going to win. So Maya was going to go out and get him a little victory gift and if he lost then she would get him a 'it's ok, feel better' gift.

Maya went out and grabbed a white newborn onesie and some red and blue paint. She went home and started to decorate the onesie and she put down in red and blue "arriving in April of 2027!" And then she put it in a baby blue gift bag and set it on the coffee table in their living room.

Soon enough eight o'clock roller around and Josh walked through the door. Maya went up to him to greet him at the door.

"Hey, baby." Josh said as he wrapped her up in his arms in a huge hug kissing her forehead. Maya smiled at the word  baby.

"Hey. How was your court trial?" Maya asked him as she pulled back running his arms. Josh let out a frustrated sigh and ran his hands through his hair.

"The defense attorney found some new evidence they think might set this creep free." Josh said shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"Oh Baby I'm sorry." Maya said sadly as she gave him another hug this time her arms around his neck. Josh smiled and pulled her even closer to him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath smelling her shampoo. He smiled even bigger in content. "Well I have something for you." Maya spoke as she pulled away from him and grabbed his hand leading him to the couch. Josh raised his eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? Like coming home to you wasn't enough." Josh teased grinning from ear to ear. Maya looked back at him and smirked.

"Well I do have one other thing up my sleeve." Maya stated as she pulled him to sit with her on the couch and gave him the blue bag. Josh gave her a confused look while slightly smirking at her and took the bag from her hands. He lightly shook it up and down to realize that it was super light.

"What is it?" He asked cautiously as Maya rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Now what would be the point of wrapping it up and giving it to you if I was just going to tell you what it was in the first place." Maya stated sarcastically making Josh smile at her sarcastically.

"Keep it up smart mouth and just wait and see what I do to you tonight." Josh smirked as he gave Maya a once over and smirked even bigger at the blush rising on her cheeks.

"Just open the gift goofball." Maya said as she pushed his arm playfully. Josh smiled and started to slowly open the gift while not taking his eyes off of Maya. As soon as he pulled out the onesie he got really confused. Then he opened it so he could read the writing on it. Suddenly his confusion turned into the biggest smile she had ever seen Josh have.

"Are you serious?" He asked looking at Maya. Maya nodded as she put a hand on her stomach.

"Surprise daddy." Maya said smiling as Josh put the onesie down on their coffee table and leaned over to lay on top of Maya on the couch and give her a huge kiss. After he pulled away reality started to sink in and his eyes started to get glossy.

"We're gonna be parents?" He asked again as if wanting Maya to really confirm it.

"We're gonna be parents. That's what  those tests were for when I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago." Maya said as she reached up and creased his cheek. Josh smile and positioned himself to were he was laying in his said on the end of the couch so Maya couldn't fall off and he laid his hand on her stomach and put his forehead to hers.

"I love you so much. Both of you." He said as he rubbed her stomach. Maya smiled and leaned up to kiss him.

"We love you too."
___________________________
I probably could have done better on the ending but I'm kind of in a hurry and I wanted to get this up as soon as possible for you guys! Let me know what you think! ❤️