Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Despite the light drizzle of rain pecking my body I felt like I was burning from the inside out. A blazing fire of loathing and and anger mixed together in my chest, creating a dark feeling I wasn't sure I could explain with words. Nothing could describe the dark hatred swirling in my chest.

Hatred towards Wes for proving what I already knew, for making me think he was different.

I hate him!

I loathe the fùcking bastard! I hate him for knowing so much about me. I hate how he slipped past my guard enough to hurt me. I hate how I allowed him to venture further despite the logical part of me that screamed no. I hate how I ran out of the fair crying like a teenager experiencing her first break up, not bothering to call a cab as I ran through the crowded streets in shoes that pinched my feet. Mostly I hate how he didn't call after me or chase me, not even a text.

You'd think after throwing my past at me he'd have the decency to make sure I was safe. Rubbing my cold arms I shivered from the brisk wind as the rain grew heavier. My clothes clung to my body like a second skin, weighting my already sluggish body down and the cars speeding by didn't exactly help. I was cold, wet, tired and apparently lost.

Twisting my head around I took in my surroundings unsure where I was, the rain blurred the already dark streets restricting my vision as well.

"Just fùcking perfect." I sighed in frustration

Pressing my soggy body against a nearby building I rummaged through my bag for my phone when it began to buzz.

"Hello?"

"You ran off again!" a very angry Carrie shouted

Wincing at her loudness I wondered if We- the jerk mentioned why I ran off. "Is it because you don't like me?" she asked catching me by surprise

"No." I immediately denied the allegation "Actually I like you a lot it's just Wes and I had a fight and I really don't want to be near him right now." I admitted in a broke voice as the tears stung my eyes again

"That's why he's wearing ice cream on his face." Carrie giggled "Alright then but I expect to spend more time with you soon."

Despite the stray tear trailing down my face I smiled "Of course, bye."

Hanging up I quickly dialed a cab as a cold shiver racked my body, warning me that walking in the rain would get me sick. Peeling myself off the wall I squinted at the corner signs barely making out the address for the operator through the down pour. Luckily the cab didn't take long to reach me as the temperature dropped drastically and the light drizzle turned into sideways rain from hell. Hopping in the front I shivered from the cold in my bones as the warmth of the car heated the icy within me.

"Want me to turn up the heat?" the cabbie asked

I didn't notice my teeth were chattering till I attempted to speak, sealing my mouth shut I nodded grateful I didn't have to wait too long in the rain. It took a while but I finally felt warm and the random shudders racking my body ceased enough for me to relax on the seat with a sigh.

"Bad night, huh?"

"You could say that." I replied softly

The buzzing of my phone rang through the dark cab, retrieving it from my bag I blinked at the message:

U okay?

This man had balls to be a dick one minute then text me later asking if I was okay as if he hadn't seen the handy work when I cried just before he got ice cream to the face. Gripping the phone tightly in my hands I typed in my response: