Running & Hiding

This set pre Batman Begins by like a year and a half.

(Y/n): your name
(Y/f/n): your friends name

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»
(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed as I sat in my bedroom scrolling through my phone.

"Honey! Come down stairs!" My mom yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled locking my phone and standing up.

As I walked down the stairs I put my phone in the waist band of my yoga pants.

"Yeah?" I asked as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

"(Y/n), we love you so much but you need help. These nice men here are gonna take you to Arkham Asylum." My mother said gesturing to two men who had white uniforms on.

"Wh-what?" I asked backing up a bit.

"Relax, everything's gonna be fine! The doctors there will help you and then you can come home!" My mom said as my dad stood silently next to her.

"But the people there! There's insane criminals at Arkham! Do you really think I'm as crazy as the Mad Hatter or Clayface or any of them?" I asked leaning on the railing for support.

I was in shock but I wasn't going with out a fight.

I shifted my weight onto my right foot so I'd be able to push off my left and run up the stairs.

"Of course not! But all the social work you've been going to isn't helping so we need to get you some better help!" My mom said as the men began to slowly walk towards me.

I quickly turned and sprinted up the stairs.

I heard the men's feet thumping up the stairs following me as I ran to my room.

Once there I shut the door, locked it, and pushed my desk in front of it. I then took my phone and shoved it in my bra.

If they caught me and took me to Arkham they'll give me a uniform but they won't make me take off my bra or underpants so that's the best place to hide my phone.

The men banged on the door.

"Don't make this harder then it has to be, miss." One of the men said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before turning to my window.

I opened it quickly and swung my legs out.

Of course when I didn't respond the men began to try to break down my door.

I slid out my window and stood on my roof as I closed my window so they'd think I was hiding in my room when in fact I'd be down the street running for my life.

I slowly and carefully slid down my roof.

When I got to the bottom I paused.

I was about seven or eight feet from the ground.

If I jumped and bent my knees hopefully I'd escape with just a sprained ankle.

I could run with a sprained ankle but not with a broken one so I have to go about this as carefully as possible.

I lowered my body and held onto the gutters with my hands.

I took one deep breath, closed my eyes, and let go.

I bent my knees as I fell to the ground and soon landed on the grass with a small thud.

I stood quickly and I jumped once to see if I had sprained or broken anything but to my luck I hadn't.