III

The Mission and Its Surprises (Part Two)

  You smile as you make your way back to the room, with a huge smile on your face. Everything about this night had been perfect, well that is until Naruto came out of no where and ate the dumplings you and Kakashi were sharing, then ordered four bows of ramen for himself. You opened the door to your room and suddenly all the magic was drained from your night.

  "(Y/N)! There you are!" Sakura beamed. "You look so happy! What happened? Was it a boy? Was it Sasuke?"

  "It's none of your business." You replied as you looked around the room. Her and Hikari were sitting across from each other with a crystal ball in the middle and some weird cards in a stack next to it. "What kind of dark magic are you two up to?" You ask as you make your way to the bathroom to change.

  "Mrs.-"

  "Ms."  the old woman corrected sharply.

  "Ms. Hikari, is about to tell me my future. Would you like to join us?"

"Fine. Let me just change." you say. You figured if you just did what she wanted you could go to sleep earlier.  You quickly changed from your towel to your pajamas then joined them on the floor. "What now?"

''Okay, so I shuffle these cards, then I... I..." she paused and muttered something to herself. "Oh, yes. Then you choose three and I read them and I show you what will happen in the ball."

  "Seems simple enough. Why don't I go first?" Sakura clapped her hands together and smiled.

  "Alright, Sakura. Calm down." We watched silently as she shuffled the cards, did a couple of fancy tricks then laid the deck in front of her right to left.  Then from left to right she had them in her hands again. She then spread the out like a fan and held them out to Sakura.

  She carefully picked  three and showed them to Hikari. The old woman took the cards and stared at them, then dropped the carelessly on the ground.  You looked at them, one had some kind of fox on it with nine tails. Hikari tapped on the crystal ball causing it to light up a blue hue, "Sakura some things will work out in your distant future. You will gain fortunes, and new friendships, but as for love, you should move on. There is another." 

  "What? That's wrong. Something about this is wrong. Sasuke doesn't even talk to us, how could there be someone else?" He eyes were glued to the crystal ball you could tell she was seeing something you couldn't.

  "What is it? What do you see?" You asked as she started to cry. You laid your hand on her shoulder to comfort her but she brushed you off.

  "Don't touch me." she said then wiped her tears. "I'm fine." She then gave you her signature glare. She suspected it was you, you could tell.

  "May I continue with your reading, Sakura?"

  "No. Just let (Y/N) go."

  Hikari nodded, then shuffled the cards the same way she did before then held out the fan of cards to you. You grabbed the two on the ends and the one in the middle, you then analyzed the cards, you got a horse, a bowl of ramen, and a ninja. After looking at them you handed them to Hikari. You watched her closely as she read them, a small smile crept onto her face. she tapped the crystal ball making it turn from blue to green. "As for you (Y/N), you are doing good in almost all aspects in your life. Your friendships are strong and growing, your wealth is fine. But your love life will change drastically. " An image started to slowly appear in the ball. "And I have to say, I like your taste." she chuckled a bit as the image of Kakashi became clear in the ball.