Chapter 53

"Seriously?" William gawked. "He'll be able to move things with his mind?"

Hunter nodded.

"No way."

"Everything else that it says in the letter has come true so far."

Jacob's eyes were quickly filling with opportunities and amazing things that he could do. But it was also very strange for him to be able to do these things. It was still like he was living in a dream.

"So as I was saying before Jacob's disappearing act," Hunter chuckled. "A celebration at my house? We could maybe light a bonfire and chill out?"

"Sounds good," William shrugged. Tomorrow was Sunday so it didn't matter if he stayed up late.

"Alright," Hunter turned to Jacob with an interested twinkle in his eye. "Why don't we invite your parents and invite Nathan too?" He suggested in his head.

Jacob paused, remembering his mother's secret.

"That would be interesting."

"You don't have to in case you wanted to meet him properly first-"

"No, it's a good idea. I'm angry at her for keeping this a secret. I want to see her face when he turns up."

Hunter lifted a hand and squeezed his shoulder.

"If at any point, this doesn't feel right and you want to confront Grace, you have every right to do that."

Jacob had the power to embarrass his mother, hurt her relationship with his dad and cause chaos in her life. But of course, he wasn't the type of person to want to do that to her and at the end of the day, she is still his mum.

But that didn't mean he couldn't manipulate her plans, just a tiny bit.

* * * * *

"Don't summon any storms, the weather needs to stay nice," Hunter chuckled as he tried to get the fire started. Anthony had placed blankets and chairs around the fire pit so people had places to relax and talk.

He and Margo thought it was a brilliant idea to invite Nathan and they too could not wait to see Graces reaction.

"Do you want some help?" Jacob asked quietly. He had watched Hunter try and fail a few times when attempting to start the fire.

"Um-"

Jacob looked around before placing his hand on the wood. Sparks of electricity crackled and instantly set the wood alight.

"Oh," Hunter grinned, not realising that would work. "Thanks." He enjoyed watching him experiment. It was the only way he could truly get used to the power within.

Jacob sat back and stared into the flames. He could barely believe how fast everything had changed for him and it surprised him that he has managed to keep up. However, this was no streak of luck. Eventually, his mind would be full of too much and he'd break down, he always does.

Hunter shuffled close and sat next to him. His eyes were watching Sam and William who were talking about Alisha. It was good for them both to get things off their chests, especially William.

"I'm hungry."

Hunter's eyes then fell on his favourite chocolate brown ones.

"Of course you are."

Jacob stared at him with very innocent puppy dog eyes leaving Hunter to fall hard for his cute manipulative behaviour. He quickly shook his head and stood up.