Chapter 7: Cecily and I

"Can you stop acting like a child?" I said through gritted teeth, trying to grab Cecily's arm to keep her still but she just wouldn't stop moving. "Seriously, stop."

"Get off me, Gianina," She snapped, turning around to face me, using my full name like she usually did when she was mad at me. "What do you want?"

"Firstly, I want you to stop being a childish little girl," I told her, standing right in front of her, she was angry but so was I. "Can you do that, Cecily?"

"How am I being childish?" She asked, shrugging and frowning at me. "I'm having fun, we're all having fun, it's a party, that's what you do at parties."

I stared at her, waiting to think of something to say, something other than what I really wanted to say. I didn't want to hurt Cecily, it was never my intention to, I adored her. However, Cecily had this thing about her that it honestly infuriated me and made me want to wreck the whole world to nothing with my bare hands.

It was just the way she was and I couldn't blame her for it, she was 18 years old, she was still growing to be a woman. She had this childish attitude at times that exposed the girl she used to be but she also had this maturity in the way she acted at times that it displayed the woman she was to become and whenever I got a glimpse of it, I fell in love with her, harder than I already had.

How could I be mad at her for growing? For being immature and acting out when she was hurt? Hell, I wasn't perfect myself, I had done the very same thing many, many times.

"Please, stop, please," I caressed the palm of her hand with my thumb subtly, we were after all at a party. "Just talk to me?"

For a moment I thought maybe she was going to stop being the pain in the ass she had been for days after Abby's party. For a moment I saw something in her eyes soften, her face, the way she looked at me, with such admiration, love, and longing. I thought she was going to give it a break and finally talk to me, but as quick as that moment came, it was gone. Her stare became cold and her face became a wall I could not see past.

"Go have fun with your friend, maybe he's getting into another fight, go patch him up," She said with the coldest tone I've ever heard from her. "Go play nurse or babysitter since he can't seem to stop acting like a fucking child."

Because you're acting real mature. I almost blurted out, I had to bite my tongue not to say it. If I did, Cecily would've thrown a fit and the argument would have been endless.

"You're mad at me for helping my friend out, not to mention this happened days ago, you're angry at me for being a good friend," I almost laughed, trying to keep myself calm. "Cecily, he's my friend, I don't see him like that, or any other boy for that matter. You should know that."

These little petty arguments had come and gone, we've had many of those and by now we were both smart enough to know how to handle them. It was all about compromise.

I think it was almost as if we both knew what would happen if we allowed our anger to get the best of us. I think, perhaps we cared for the other a little too much, we knew relationships were complicated, more so the relationship we had considering we had to hide it. But if one thing I did know was that no matter what I didn't want what I had with Ceci to end and I don't think she wanted that either. We had to be mature even though in certain aspects, we were still just two immature girls in their first relationship, real relationship. It took us time to get to the point we were in now but I was proud to say that we managed to find a way around it. It was like we had both made a silent agreement on keeping balance. It was hard as hell and sometimes anger won but we managed.

Cecily stared at me for a long minute, biting her lower lip and when she finally decided what to do next, she pulled me into the room I was trying to pull her in. The room was unknown to me, this time the party was at Tom's house and even though I had been at his before, I had never gone upstairs.