Chapter 12

Everyone was fairly impressed by the boy. He seemed more of a delinquent than an idol, so they weren't expecting much from him. However, seeing him doing so well, the contestants started to feel threatened that he'll be one of the people that stop them from getting in the group.

DY agency hasn't debuted any groups for the past twelve years. There was a rumor going on that whoever debuted as an idol group from DY, they'll instantly become famous.

They believed it.

All of the groups from DY agency have been successful, even when they disbanded and went on to pursue their solo debuts or becoming a host of a variety show.

Remembering why they wanted to debut from this agency, they started to regret not practicing harder as they seemed to have already lost to a certain delinquent-like male.

They stared at the boy. His turn already over as the judges were writing stuff down.

Looking beside the male, they observed the last contestant.

Vasco.

They were staring at him. They didn't know if he was a threat, but seeing his facial hair, they wondered if he'd be able to keep it if he managed to get accepted. Shaking their heads, they already started assuming that Vasco wasn't going to get in.

DY agency focused more on clean looking people. With his facial hair, it made him not have that look.

He looks even more of a delinquent than the other guy!

He has facial hair! What K-Pop idol has facial hair, nowadays?

He probably isn't popular with the girls at his school!

While they were judging Vasco, the man, himself, couldn't wait for his turn to start.

He practiced with Bum Jae and Duk Hwa, and had gotten plenty of compliments about his skills from them. Whether they were just being nice or genuine, he didn't know. That didn't stop him from being confident as he patiently waited for the CEO to call on him.

A few seconds passed before the CEO glanced up at the excited man. Taking in his looks, he already started judging him. He wondered why he kept his facial hair, but didn't bother dwelling on it any further.

Taking his stare as a confirmation to introduce himself, Vasco gleamed, "I'm auditioning as a rapper."

The CEO kept his eyes on the paper, "I see..."

He didn't seem all that interested in Vasco, but he didn't know that. Waiting patiently, Vasco was apparently waiting for the CEO to tell him to do something.

Catching on, the scarred man glanced up, "You may proceed."

Smiling with sparkles around him, he started with rapping.

Learning how to rap from Duk Hwa, he barely managed to freestyle with minor mistakes here and there. However, Duk Hwa didn't want him to risk that, so he provided him a premade rap for him.

Getting ready to rap, his childish like-self disappeared as he started to look more serious.

That caught the other people's attention. For a while, the boy kept up his gleaming smile, so seeing him get serious out of nowhere, made them curious.

The judges made sure to watch him as well, making sure they didn't miss anything important.

The moment he started rapping his first few lines, they were instantly taken in.

His rapping style seemed to be constructed carefully as they could tell that he made sure to do certain things. Things like keeping the flow, making sure he was on beat, and having emotion. Especially the emotion.