Chapter Five: TGIF ✓

Ria's POV

Friday and school just ended. Our tournament was rescheduled, so we had it a while ago. After changing back from my gym uniform I walked out of the locker room and saw Brian with his backpack slung against one shoulder, typing on his phone as he leans on the pastel lockers.

I crept up beside him and swiped his phone from his hand. Man, this always works- I call it the feather touch. I scrolled through the chat and realized it was a group chat. Before I can add myself in the chat, he took his phone back and glared at me.

"Hey! Add me in that group chat!" I whined.

"I would've added you if you didn't take my phone."

"Wouldn't have taken your phone if you held it tighter." I retort.

"I'm your ride home so don't insult me."

"Sorry," I mumbled. 

It was a silent ride and once we got to my place I saw them playing Tekken 6. No fair! They didn't even wait for us!

My brother patted the carpet and motioned me to sit. I held my finger up and ran upstairs to my room to change into some comfy sweatpants and an oversized shirt, because no one can argue with the logic that it feels comfy!

I went down and stole the controller from my brother since he seemed like he was having a hard time beating Julian. I switched back to the characters menu-ending the round and played as Christie. Julian played as Eddy-with no complaint.

I know the combos of Christie and was able to beat Julian. Let's just say, I was able to beat almost everyone of them- almost because Brian didn't want to fight.

"Alright, place in your bets! Who will win? Brian or Ria?"

All of them placed their bets on me, I placed my bet in too and Brian finally became interested. He placed his bet in too and sat down beside me, holding the controller and played as King. I was able to beat Azaziel- these guys were easy.

-•-•-•-•-•-

I stare in shock as Brian smirked and took the money. He won?! I pout and tossed the controller to Cole.

"I'm done playing." I state and walked to the door.

"Aww come on, Sis. Don't be a sore loser," Randy laughs and I snap. I grab my jacket and leather boots and walked out, slamming the door behind me. I'll regret this. It's so cold outside.

"That wasn't cool, Randy," I hear Brian say then hear footsteps getting closer so I crossed the street and into the woods.

"Ria, wait up!" Brian holds my arm and stops me. "Where the hell are you going?"

"Off to Sanctuary field to see my friend"

"Sanctuary field? I haven't heard of it."

"Of course you haven't, I named it. Now, let me go."

"I'm coming with you."

"Suit yourself," I shrug at him.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

We get to a white field where the snow was falling and I smile. This is my Sanctuary field.

A black wolf approached us and Brian instantly stepped in front of me. "It's a wolf, Ria. Don't move."

I roll my eyes and pushed him aside. "He'll only be hostile to you if he sees that you're a threat to me. I want to look badass but I know this wolf because it's kind of an omega of it's pack and it's now abandoned ever since it was a pup, so I took care of it." I took out some dog food from the packet in my jacket's pocket and gave it to the wolf. "I call him Alpha. I was supposed to bring his home, but my Mom is allergic to cats and dogs, so I just visit him. My dad thought he was a threat until this one time that Alpha ran back to the house and scratched the door and barked."

Brian came closer to me and listened intently.

"I had fainted in this very field. My brother had told me that once my dad opened the door, Alpha gently bit on his sleeve and pulled him out of the house. My dad understood the gesture and followed him, after calling out to Randy and my mom.", I paused. "Then they saw me here, in the patch of snow with Alpha keeping me warm by sitting next to me and putting his tail on my 8-year-old body. I was brought to the hospital in a case of high fever. And since then, I owed my life to this wolf." I smile as I scratch the the wolf behind the ears.

"That's really miraculous, it's rare for a wolf to not be hostile. It seems like he's imprinted on you." Brian awed. "Can I pet him?" I nod.

Brian rubbed the head of the wolf, seeing as Brian was no threat, he stuck his tongue out and moved closer to us.

-•-•-•-•-•-

"I think we should head back," Brian suggest as he stood up.

"Good call it's getting late," he helped me up and we walked back to the house.