[02]: SANDY SHORES

CHAPTER TWO;
[ SANDY SHORES ]
[VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

—CHAPTER TWO;[ SANDY SHORES ][VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

ARDEN MANGJUHL HAD OFFICIALLY GROWN ACCUSTOM TO HER new foreign life amongst the Scotland shore. Her black rain boots that had once held traces of Kanaloan's vast and beautiful sea was now battered by a remarkable landscape that Arden could not help but guiltily enjoy with all her inflicted heart. It was not home—no—but it was close enough.

Much to her and Sunny's liking, their father had willingly purchased a small house that stood atop a low hill in Scotland, its location approximately fifteen minutes away from a rather deserted beach and all its glory. With such a drastic move putting their children through both loss and loneliness, their father and mother had hoped that the similar scenery would perhaps enlighten the twins to feel more at ease. It had worked, of course, as Arden found herself spending more time in the ocean than on land with each passing week. It was the only source of connection that she had to Kanaloa, aside from her blades and training uniforms. Arden could say now that her pain from the move and its future changes had begun to slowly diminish into a bitter acceptance that things would not alter as she wished time and time again that they would. It was enough to keep her sane, for the time being at least, but certainly not happy.

Arden knew more than anyone else how difficult the transfer would be to a new school. It had taken her almost two years to fully trust both Willa and Lilian, a process that not only consisted of doubt and skepticism, but also the breaking of a barrier that Arden had personally created to prevent herself from letting in mistrusting people. She had learnt from her mother that others only sought out for self interest and personal gain, anyone who claimed not to be was a liar and therefore another addition to the category of those who were not worthy of Arden's trust. Willa and Lilian were the first that managed to surpass her many doubts, and with age only enchanting such a mindset, Arden knew that the chances of letting that happen again were less than one.

Sunny, on the contrary, was a social butterfly that continuously climbed the latter of success and praise. Although Arden did receive both of those things as well, Sunny had a rather exquisite way of earning his fair share. Even though the boy himself did not trust many either, he still became acquaintances with those who wanted to reciprocate the relationship in order to have people in favor of him. It did do Sunny good, after all, for he was never once alone when it came to duels, fist fights, and arguments. Arden saw it as him building an immense group of friends, despite how few those he trusted were actually amongst the ranks, in order to always have people by his side. She could see it now, plain as day, the boy being sorted into a house and befriending all those who walked and talked. Arden snorted at the idea before she pushed away the thought. They'd be leaving for Hogwarts in three days, and Arden had plenty more to worry about rather than her obnoxious twin and his charming personality.