[03]: SILVER STRINGS

CHAPTER THREE;
[ SILVER STRINGS ]
[VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

—CHAPTER THREE;[ SILVER STRINGS ][VIBRANCE || FRED WEASLEY]

    WHEN ARDEN AND SUNNY ARRIVED INSIDE THE GREAT HALL TOGETHER, a wave of realization dawned on the pair as their gazes scanned over the four long tables that were placed separately from one another.

Much to Arden's dislike, she took notice of how none of the houses intermixed during dinner—all those with yellow ties sat together, just as the red, green, and blue did as well. Arden turned to Sunny, her hand falling from his arm as her eyes averted to the table she was designated to remain with. "I wish," Arden suddenly spoke, her tone low and bitter as her eyes scanned the many students, "that we didn't have to be divided."

Sunny let out an exasperated sigh, "Me too," he replied before pulling Arden into a loving side embrace. He squeezed her arm with a faltering smile before kissing the top of her head lightly. "Now go be with your weird smart people." Sunny chuckled, shoving her away lightly.

Arden rolled her eyes despite the sadness that welled inside her heart. "And you go be with your power hungry serpents." She shot back with a growing smirk. Sunny let out a ripple of laughter at this before the two saluted at one another and departed with hesitation.

While Sunny began to make his way over to the Slytherin table, Arden found herself striding towards the Ravenclaw students. Much to her remembrance, though, she recalled that Jason had told the pair that he was in the navy blue household. Although Arden hadn't exactly conversed with the boy, it would do her well to have an acquaintance amongst the bunch. Someone to go to for simple questions. She assumed Sunny was going to do the same with Rowan, seeing as though the boy had taken a rather strong liking to the girl after her first impression had radiated risk and a strong attitude. He had always been one to enjoy fiery personalities, just as Arden preferred outspoken ones.

When she neared the table, Arden found herself being targeted by many curious eyes. It was going to be obvious that she was new, seeing as though Hogwarts seemed like a school where everyone knew everyone—just like Kanaloa. It had always been easy to spot transfer students, and she was sure that it would be no different at the grand castle. Arden pursed her lips, although she enjoyed attention when training, she had grown accustom to disliking wandering eyes that had no business staring in the first place.

Arden plopped herself down towards the end of the table, her legs crossing and her forearms resting on the surface of the table. Although an array of dishes sat before her, Arden did not feel an ounce of hungry or thirst as her eyes pored into the many delights. She let out a brisk sigh before craning her head towards the Slytherin table, her gaze landing upon a rather emotionless Sunny who mirrored an expression like her own. Although they would be able to spend time during lunches, breakfasts, and weekends, being placed in different houses still seemed like a barrier to Arden. She wished that she could simply change her house, but that was not how things were run at Hogwarts.