Chapter 8: Night of Enjoyment

After you got back to the ship you, alone, talked to Jax. “Who else listened in?” you asked. He responded “Other than me? No one.” you sigh in relief but Jax then says “But Gray might know about it. Shared minds remember.” You nearly lose it but say to him “Don’t think about it. Besides, the team needs to be at the top of their game when the Society strikes.” He understands and heads to his quarters. You were about to check up on Sara when Gideon interrupts you. “Excuse me (Mr./Ms.) (L/N) but it seems the hull has taken some damage. Repairs are needed badly. Would you like me to wake the others to help?” she says. You respond “No don’t wake the others. They need the sleep. Tell me what I need to do.” The AI says “The door seems to have snapped off of the hangar and we cannot keep the cloak up.” and you head down to fix the cloak. “If the cloak goes down we’ll receive more damage than we can fix.” you say heading to the junction box. You release some of your electricity to momentarily keep the cloak up while you fix the door leading to outside.

After you fix the door you head back to the junction box to fully charge it. But before you can arrive you hear an explosion inside the ship. You look around outside in shock and see that you’re about to head to the Temporal Zone. You then realize that it’s the junction box and rush up the stairs saying to Gideon “Is anyone near the junction box?”. Gideon responds with a nonchalant yes. You head there to see if anyone’s hurt near the box and to your horror it’s Sara. You pick her up and say “Gideon, prep the Med Bay and tell me her injuries. Stat!”. You say 'stat' so loud it almost scares the AI. She says stuttering at the beginning “Ms. Lance seems to have minor burns across her abdomen.” You run towards the Med Bay with Sara in your arms and lay her on the bed.

While Gideon is scanning her for a pulse Stein walks in without you noticing. You realize this when he gasps right behind you and asks “What happened?” You respond “I was fixing the ship without waking you up and I charged the junction box to make sure the cloak didn’t go down. When I was about to head up to fully charge it Sara was there and… I panicked. I.” you were about to say love her to Martin but stopped and said “I’m worried about her.” He looked at you and said “Will she be alright?” and you say “It’s minor burns. She’ll make it.”. You sit down next to her and say “I know she will.”

The next night

While Sara was healing you told the team what happened during the next day. They were somewhat off their game but thankfully there was no aberration to respond to until night time. Everyone was about to go to sleep when you all heard Gideon say “It seems we have an aberration.” Nate says “Where?” and just as he says that you all hear an explosion and the ship starts to shake. “Here.” she says as everyone but you heads to intercept the aberration.

You head to Sara and say to Gideon “What’s the aberration? Is it the Society?” She responds with “Yes and no. There is one Society member aboard but the main problem is pirates.” and you managed to get to the Med Bay. You go by the door and lock it and say “Can the team hold them off and who is the member?” Gideon says “The team can hold off the pirates but not against Bane.” and you unsheath your sword to wait for Bane knowing his tubes are a weakness. ‘I just hope Bane doesn’t kill anyone.’ you think as you ready for combat.

Bane's POV

When Grodd gave me this detail I thought it’d be a master plan. Seems I was wrong. Maybe I can make the most of it by breaking (S/N). I head in the ship with about 30 pirates behind me. I see no one in sight so I know that they are waiting for us. “Split in groups of 3 and if you find anyone other than us shoot on sight!” I yell at the pirates knowing Grodd’ll probably be pissed if even one Legend is alive.

I head with the group going to the bridge and spot Atom and Heatwave. The pirates start shooting at Heatwave while I focus on the Atom. He shrunk down and took out 3 pirates before I caught him. I grabbed him in my hand and started crushing him before Heatwave failed to damage me. I head-butted him and he got knocked out cold. I continued crushing Atom until he grew and hit me square in the face tearing off some of my mask. I juiced up on venom and he tried to fly away but was intercepted by the pirates. I then kicked him in the sternum knocking him back and he laid there. From my team I was the only one left so I joined the team headed to the hull.