10: Worth to Remember

They stopped in front of the school's entrance gate

They stopped in front of the school's entrance gate. Lian turned to him with a smile, "you can go now."

She can't help but glance around, of course there were other students staring at them and some even stopped walking just to watch. It caused her to slightly push Judah, pulling her hand out of his.

The latter smirked, "no need to be shy doll," he teased, suddenly bringing his face forward. She froze as her heart started hammering against her chest. "Let's give them something worth to remember," he whispered.

Her breathing seized and for the umpteenth time, it was because of the person in front of her. She felt something warm and soft against her cheek, dangerously near her lips. It took five seconds for her to realize what was happening.

Judah kissed her.

And it was too late when this registered in her semi-functioning brain. He already stood back up with that familiar taunting smile of his. Gasps were already heard, murmurs already ensued and pictures were already taken.

But it's just a kiss. It's not even one on the lips! Her father and brother would always kiss her forehead, and some of her male cousins kiss her on the cheek too. A friendly kiss perhaps? She thought. So should I give him one too?

She tiptoed and held Judah's arm for support as she pecked on his cheek—cue another round of gasps and camera shutters.

"Bye Koko," she said smiling. A few seconds passed and he was just staring at her. Then he blinked twice, thrice and bit his lip. "What?" She asked confused.

"You never fail to surprise me," he said before smiling back at her.

She gazed at him in awe for it was her first time seeing him smile genuinely. She thought all he was capable of was smirk and smile teasingly or cockily, but the guy in front of her is human after all—a very gorgeous one might she add. Behind all those impassive stares and cold replies is a warm heart, and she swore to always believe in that.

He touched her cheek for the last time and she instantly felt the coolness of his palm soothing her warm skin.

"Be safe doll," he uttered before turning and walking away from her without looking back.

Cold hands, warm heart.

Bad boy, good lips.

She watched her best friend stare at her open-mouthed, before she glanced at Julia—who sat beside her in the middle of the storytelling—and found the girl in the same state. She then turned to Jordynn who's sitting beside Rylie and found her munching on her fries with an evident smile tugging her lips.

"Why are you so surprised?," she asked before continuing on eating her kimchi fried rice.

"We're just happy at how simple-minded you are Lian," Julia replied as she finally got out of her reverie.