X

Here we goooo...

Playlist for this chapter...
Safe Inside - James Arthur
Wires - The Neighbourhood (This song fits Bellamy so well.)
Remains - Algiers
Made to Love You - Dan Owen
Youth - Daughter
Can't Pretend - Tom Odell 

*UNEDITED*
Comment and vote please! :) 
I love feedback!

*****
... And sometimes, you love somebody so much, that you almost hate them.'
- E. Grin.

*****

The next few minutes were a blur.

All Brinley knew was that one moment she was alone, and the next Hannah was preparing to arrest her, her gun pointed directly at Brinley's face.

'On your knees.' Hannah commanded.

Brinley stared at Hannah, trying to hide any indication that she was up to no good. 

'Why would I do that?' Her body was shaking with rage, her mind continuously drifting back to the small bug that had been planted on her for god knows how long.

There was only two people who could have gotten close enough, and Brinley knew which one she'd bet her money on.

'I said, on your knees!'

'I haven't even done anything.' Brinley rolled her eyes, reaching a hand up to tuck her hair behind her ear, inconspicuously pulling her earpiece out and shoving it into her pocket.

'I heard you talking to someone, I know you're helping your Father!' Hannah had evidently been in the area longer than Brinley had realised.

'Where's your proof?' Brinley got out through clenched teeth.

'Get down!' Hannah was moving closer. Her finger moved on the trigger slightly and Brinley reacted immediately, refusing to have to go through the pain she'd suffered in Mount Weather again.

She grabbed the gun, wrenching it upwards as Hannah's finger tightened on the trigger. The bullet made a loud sound as it ricocheted off of the metal walls.

The gun went flying and Brinley took the opportunity to kick Hannah to the ground, but the woman fought back, dragging Brinley down with her. She took advantage of Brinley's surprise, pinning her to the ground with all of her strength.

But Brinley was stronger than she looked, something Hannah Green was about to find out the hard way.

'You will never see my son again.' Hannah sounded breathless as she fought to keep Brinley down. 'You don't deserve to know him.'

Brinley was choking for air as Hannah's arm pressed against her throat with enough pressure to cut off her air supply. Brinley's eyes wandered as she struggled, watching as Hannah's hand went to her radio.

'We've got another one in-'

Without the use of both of her hands Hannah was considerably weaker. Brinley's survival instincts kicked in as she took advantage of the distraction, switching their positions so that she had the upper hand, Hannah pinned beneath her the radio falling to the ground.

Brinley was furious, her hands wrapping around Hannah's throat as her lungs burned, pulling in mouthfuls of much needed oxygen. 'No so fun when you're on the receiving end, is it?'

Hannah's eyes were wide as she was the one suddenly choking. But even as Brinley watched, suddenly it wasn't Hannah beneath her grip; it was Monty's face staring up at her...

Brinley let Hannah go. No matter how much she detested the woman and all that she stood for, she was still Monty's mother and Brinley couldn't leave him an orphan.

Hannah gasped for air, backing away from her.

Brinley heard footsteps behind her and the sound of guns being trained and ready to fire.

She felt someone grab both of her arms incase she responded with violence, but Brinley knew there was no way she could take on Hannah and the three heavily armed guards that had appeared, not without a weapon of her own.