4. Pizza and Chats

Anti sighed as he closed the bathroom door behind him, letting his 'Jack' guise fall. There wasn't much of that to fall left though. He'd held it up for too long, and trying to keep it stable as Ethan bandaged him and got really close to him, it was surprisingly more difficult than he'd thought. Dark was always better at this...

He ran a hand through his hair and moved over to the mirror, examining himself. The hole in his side was bandaged, quite expertly. His fluffy, yet faded, green hair was pushed up and slightly sweaty. His eyes were a bright blue and an emerald green. His skin was pale, and dead looking. The tips of his nails looked like red-brown, as if blood was stuck beneath them.

He groaned as he felt something akin to disgust flare up in his chest. He hated this, he'd always felt something bad for his actual appearance, though he hated using mirages to change it. Constantly, he would imagine what life would be like, what he would look like if he hadn't been in that stupid lab. If they hadn't tore him apart atom by atom, only to put him back together again.

But now... Now this Ethan guy was... it was as if he was intensifying each and every emotion. Which seemed to include the bad ones. Guilt especially. And disgust. He let out a frustrated noise and turned away from the mirror. He looked down, there was something in his pocket...

The dog.

Anti smiled ruefully as he pulled it out of his pants pocket. Ethan had spent more than a whole dollar on this toy, and for him! He sat down heavily on the toilet seat, looking down at the small toy that fit perfectly in his hand. I don't deserve this... I don't deserve any of it! I-I'm a bad person- I'm not even a person! I-I'm someone's fucked up science experiment!

He froze when he felt something drip onto his leg. He looked up first, thinking maybe there was a leak in the roof or something. Then, he looked around him, confused. Another drip, this time on his arm, the one right under his chin. He clutched the dog in one hand and shakily lifted the other to his face.

It was wet.

He made a choked sound and pulled his hand away quickly, looking down at it. It was covered in water... he scrambled up off his seat and to the mirror, looking into his own mismatched eyes. They were filled with water. He brought some of it from his fingers to his lips. It was salty.

He took in a shuddering breath, before collapsing as something inside him seemed to break. A rush of emotion came forth and more and more choked sounds began to emit from his mouth, echoing around the small bathroom. More wetness trailed down his cheeks, dripping into his lap.

"Jack? Are you alright in there?" He almost froze, lifting his head weakly to look at the door, "Jack? I'm coming in, okay?" and then the door handle was turning. He quickly pulled up his 'Jack' version, and for the first time, while wearing a mirage, he started to feel a little better, knowing he looked less monstrous. But there was still a waterfall coming from his eyes.

"Jack?! What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?" he heard Ethan's voice, saw his blue hair and kind, worried eyes, before lowering his head again. His shoulders shook with the force of his choked noises. Soon enough, he could feels Ethan's arms around him, pulling him closer.

He just shook his head, unable to speak. Ethan was rocking him gently, rubbing circles on his back and shushing him. Telling him everything was okay. But it wasn't. It wasn't okay, because already he was getting attached and he didn't know how or why and everything was changing and he needed to get back to the house but he didn't really want to anymore!

Once he'd calmed down, Ethan was still rocking him. He was practically laying on the other chest, sniffling. He was glad his guise stayed mostly up. All but his eyes, but he quickly changed that. He looked up at Ethan, blushing a little.