Nine

Ten minutes later, Dan was curled up in a fetal position, his phone next to him with him willing it to ring, beep, anything.

  He was a mad man. Phil had only just left, and he already missed him like crazy. He wasn't going to get over this 'crush' anytime soon, he had to come to terms with that.

  Sighing heavily, Dan stood and slowly shuffled into his room. He didn't bring his phone cause he didn't want to be faced with the sadness of not receiving anything from Phil.

  I mean, it's only a seven-year-olds party, he can't be having too much fun. Dan thought. But he does have other, better friends.

  That was probably it. They had only known each other for about a week, they weren't that close.

  Dan laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Maybe some internet would help distract him. His laptop was on the table beside him so he grabbed it, flipped it open, and clicked on the internet icon.

  Two hours later, Dan looked up and saw that he had been successful in distracting himself. He closed the laptop and walked back into the living room.

  Picking up his abandoned phone, he saw that he had 5 messages and 3 missed calls. Damn, he thought. This was the most anyone has ever tried to contact him.

  The messages were all from Phil, telling him to call him back. Two of the calls were also from him, but the last was from an unknown number. Strange...

  He pressed the unknown number and it began to ring.

  "Hello?" said a male voice on the other side. Dan smiled.

  "PJ? How'd you get my number?" Dan asked.

  "Dan? Hey. Phil was trying to call you, but you wouldn't answer. He was extremely worried, so he asked me to call you, see if you'd pick up."

  Phil had been worried about him. Dan grinned at this thought, way too happy  about it.

  "Sorry, I didn't have my phone with me. I'll call him back now."

  "I bet you will. I'm sure you're just dying to hear his voice." PJ said, laughing. Dan blushed.

  "Shut up." he said, and PJ hung up. Dan quickly pressed in Phil's phone number and waited anxiously for him to answer.

  "Goddammit, Dan. I've been worried sick about you! I've called and texted you, what the hell were you so busy with that you couldn't answer?" That was the first thing Phil said to him.

  "Sorry, honestly. I didn't have my phone with me." He was very happy that Phil was so worried about him.

  Phil sighed. "Just... don't freak me out like that again, okay?"

  "Promise." Dan giggled. After a moment, Phil started laughing too. They had a whole laughing fit, and they were both out of breath at the end.

  "I am sorry I made you worry so much. I didn't mean to." Dan said seriously. Phil laughed quietly again.

"Don't worry it. I was over reacting."

  There was an awkward silence, and Phil coughed.

  "Hey, do you maybe want to come over to mine?" Dan asked nervously. "We could have another movie night or something. Popcorn included." He tried to make it sound as casual as possible, like they were just hanging out as friends, but he wanted so much more than that. He wanted to cuddle, and kiss, ignore the movie completely, feed each other popcorn.

  "That would be great, actually. You think I could stay over? I just don't want to walk home alone." Phil said.

  "Of course, no problem! I have a guest bedroom, so you won't have to sleep on the couch."

  "Great, thanks. I'll be over in about half an hour."

  They said bye, and Dan hung up. Then laughed and fell onto the floor, grinning insanely at the ceiling. Phil was gonna stay at his house tonight. This had been quite a day, and it wasn't over yet.