1

CHAPTER ONE - Cold Water

The past two weeks felt like forever. I had the shakiest relationship with my father and all my brothers. Nobody was happy with me, but no one ever talked about the true nature of what happened the night before the family meeting either.

And I was glad.

But lately, I had been given a lot of time to think. And honestly, I didn't really recognise myself.

Do you ever wonder who you've become?

It's strange, you think you're a good person and then suddenly you don't recognise yourself when you look in the mirror. I guess I never noticed it to begin with, but  now I've had a reality check.  Or my family forced me into one. After, basically being told that my own family don't recognise me, I decided I needed a  change. Although, the new life I lead will either be the best or worst life I could have. Part of my new life involves me starting a new school with my older brothers. Before, I went to Clifton Point Highschool where I was free from my brothers and able to walk the halls independently. However, now I'm never going to be able to do that again because I start Clifton Heights high school on monday.

My life has been dull for the past few weeks. I left my old school two weeks ago and that came with a price. My Dad made me cut off all my old friends - telling me they are not good for my and I agreed. But, it meant for the past two weeks I only had my family as company and it's been very boring and annoying...

For example, I now found my self chasing Tommy down the hallway of our home.  My whole family seemed to want to make me pay for my actions. The form of punishment differed per family member. Tommy's seemed to be making my life a living hell by annoying me. Tommy is a year older and yes ONLY A YEAR older, but he insists he's just that much more mature than me. I think he's probably the most immature brother I have.

For instance, he is the one chasing me down the hall right now...

"Tommy  give it back!" I shouted running after my most annoying brother. I had no sanctuary from this pettiness either  as my Dad was out and no one else would come to my rescue because everyone wanted to see my suffer.

Tommy turned with an evil smirk on his face. He was probably my  cruelest brother because his sense of humour was so twisted. He just loved to get a laugh out of someone else's pain. Of course, Chase was the coldest and Dean was the meanest, but Tommy was just a pest. He loved to wind me up.

"No, I think Mr Snuggles wants to go for a swim." He said smirking and practically cackling at the name of my childhood toy. I looked at him and i knew what he was thinking.

The pool.

Instantly he ran off and I sprinted after him. Yet, he was so much faster than me.

"Tommy!" I shouted as we ran down the stairs and through the hallway, around the lounge and chased each other round the kitchen table. My dad would of killed us if he could see us. I kept running after something when I bumped into someone. It was Dean, the second oldest, he looked at us confused, but I could see the corner of his lips move slightly at the sight of my misery.  "What are you doing?" He asked with a sense of irritation. It was as though the very sight of me pissed him off.

"Trying to attack our pathetic, idiotic, mental and-"

"Okay I get it Khlo,  but what did you do?" He asked, getting impatient. The usual.

"Why do you assume it's me?!"

"Because it usually is." Jake commented, walking past us, heading to the lounge with a bag of crisps.