One Mistake...

"Please, why does friend Danny not speak?" Starfire asked the boy wonder. It had been weeks, and Danny hadn't spoken a word since he spoke to Robin. Since he called himself a monster. This confused Robin to no end. Why would he say that? What had happened to the boy, besides the obvious torture?

"I wish I knew, Starfire." Robin muttered, turning back to the computer screen. Both he and Cyborg had continued researching with a new vigor since Danny had stopped speaking.

"Robin! I think I found something!" Came the voice of Cyborg from behind him. Both he and Starfire turned to the older teen.

"What is it?" Robin asked, standing and making his way over to the doorway of the living room. Cyborg led the young superhero back into his bedroom, bringing him over to the large computer. On the screen was an article entitled "Danny Phantom: Friend or Foe?"

~~~~~~~~~~Line~Break~~~~~~~~

Why did they save him? He deserved this, so why? The faces of his friends, his family, even Mr. Lancer danced in his mind's eye, causing tears to gather. Danny blinked them away, unwilling to cry while he was being watched. Not again, at least.

Danny didn't react when the door slid open. After all, he had heard the attempt at light footsteps for the past few minutes. He didn't even need to look up to know that it was Beast Boy.

"I brought you some food." He said cheerfully, a plate of sandwiches in his hand. Danny didn't respond. However, that did nothing to deter the young teen. "Hope you like tofu!"

This made Danny's breath hitch, no matter how much he didn't want it to. He remembered when Sam would force him to eat her tofu creations. How Tucker would feign vomiting when Danny bit into whatever she made that day. The argument that always ensued when Sam saw him. In fact, that had happened just a few days before...

"Dude, are you okay?"

Danny's head snapped up at the voice. Feeling wetness on his face, he quickly wiped away the tears. He really needed to stop crying so often, it was pathetic. Danny turned his head to the window, hoping Beast Boy would take the hint and leave him alone. He did not.

"So..." He started awkwardly. "Where are you from?" He asked after a few seconds. Danny continued to look out the large window, doing his best to ignore the green changeling. "Is it Wisconsin? 'Cause that's where we..." He trailed off, but Danny already knew what he was going to say. Where they found him.

   Unbidden, memories rose to the forefront of his mind. The cell, when it was still clean. How, after every experiment, it was slowly sullied by his blood. How vomit was added to the mess later on. The pain. Oh god, the pain. It was excruciating. The Guys in White never used any painkillers, after all, why would they need to? According to them, he couldn't feel pain, despite his screams. Danny didn't realise his icy core had been leaking out until Beast Boy's teeth started chattering loudly.

   Closing his eyes, he desperately tried to reign his core in. But he couldn't. Memories of pain kept coming to the surface, they wouldn't stop. They need to stop. Stop!

   Danny felt power leave his body in a wave, not looking up until he heard a loud bang! His head shot up, seeing the slumped figure of Beast Boy across the room. Danny could only stare, horrified, as the young teen began to stir. Danny brought his knees to his chest, ignoring the sounds of the other Titans running in.

   What was wrong with him? Beast Boy was just trying to make conversation, and he loses control, something he hasn't done since just after the accident! All because he mentioned where he's been for the past two years! They were just trying to help him, and he hurts one of them in return.

   What the fuck was wrong with him?