VII

In the days following, Prophet's capture had become public knowledge and filled all tabloid articles. Next to the main feature was Viktor's face with the slogan HAUS OF TITANS? Speculation had begun over his appearance in the military and presumed he would be the Saints next target.

      The interior districts were generally confused as any news regarding Titans became the next talk to scare their misbehaving children. Though Erwin hadn't mentioned Viktor's shifting abilities to the Thirty Fifth, his claim of Eldian birth became a highly sceptical topic presented by both the Royal Government and civilian merchants.

        Those is positions of authority regarded both Viktor and Prophet threats to the crown, though they publicly abided by the policies of non-intervention as Viktor had no proven criminal association to Wall Sheena. However, Prophet was known within the inner most depths of Sheena and many civilians wanted him to hang. On the other hand, secrecy had spun the populous onto a threat of civil war—those which wanted the Saints to be exposed for their networks in the government, and those which wanted Viktor's past to be investigated and uncover the true meaning of 'Eldia' and his name.

      They sat in the stables preparing for the expedition, but became too engrossed in the newspaper to groom the horses. Leo hung upside down from a hay bail and shuffled his deck of cards whilst Adria helped Graham to read aloud.

       On approach, someone cleared their throat. The recruits turned to see Erwin standing by the doors of the barn with two folded dark brown trench coats to match his own. Viktor dropped the brush which he was using to groom the main of his horse to snatch the coats. He hallooed in delight and tossed one to Adria.

      Erwin's eyes hardened, "Captain Hanji and I are leaving to Sheena for Prophet's trial before the Commander-In-Chief, Commander Shadis will also be present. You and Ms Jørgens will continue preparation with your squad until you are notified of our return."

      They shared a brief salute before Erwin rode off. The four peered around the corner of the stables to see Prophet knelt in the back of a pull-cart with a Hesham sack over his head to conceal his identity. Hanji and Erwin exchanged a few words before they started their journey north to Sheena.

      "Do you reckon they'll kill him?" Leo folded his arms.

       "Let's hope so," Adria pulled the trench coat over her features and smirked. "I'd pay to see the firing squad."

* * *

      Erwin grimaced at Hanji's plan as the gate of Wall Sheena approached; they would push for execution so the aristocrats could have their share of blood, but before handing Neal over, they would do a body swap and place another petty criminal in his place. Depending on what method of elimination the tribunal chose, Neal would be released and sent to the Training Corps—the Thirty-Sixth squadron had been dismissed by Abram's pride so was now under enlistment of the Seventh; Hanji was adamant that Neal would place first in the class and join the Military Police.

      Once part of the MP, he would be on the First Internal Brigade which observe the Survey Corps closely and accompany them on expeditions, it would be then where Hanji could exploit Neal and document the extent of control over his Titan form. They'd constantly use Adria's life as bait to keep him subservient to their cause, but it would only last for however long Neal remained unidentified.

      In the court room, the stain glass windows hung over the Commander-In-Chief's head; he adjusted his glasses and peered down at Neal being chained to an iron spoke. Neal's fate was now in Zackly's hands, and knowing the man didn't gain his position from being lenient, Erwin couldn't stop his palms from sweating. Erwin stood in the administers box by Keith and Hanji, observing intently as the hood was pulled from Neal's face.