nine - swings

noel

(flashback)

Carl and I decided to go to the swings in the back of the school since we weren't allowed back at the pool for the rest of the summer. We were sitting on the swings beside eachother cracking jokes and telling funny stories.

"Have you had your first kiss yet," Carl asked out of nowhere.

"No, I'm only 10," I rolled my eyes like it was obvious. "Have you?"

"No," he shook his head. "Do you want to?" My heart started to beat 10 times faster than it already was.

"Sure," I answered with a shrug, feeling my face turn a dark shade of red.

"Okay," he laughed and before I knew it, our lips were attached. It stayed like that for a few more seconds before we both pulled away at the same time. "You're a good kisser," he stated with a smirk.

"Thanks," I blushed. "You are too."

"I'm good at everything," he winked, but I just rolled my eyes at him.

•••

I was in my second to last period of the day and I'm beginning to get a little anxious to talk to Carl.

Speaking of, he's currently staring at me from across the room, making it hard to focus on what the teacher is saying.

I pulled out my phone and opened up iMessage, finding Carl's contact.

El💍❣️: stop staring at me.

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: why would i want to do that?

El💍❣️: because you're bothering me.

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: good.

El💍❣️: 🙄 meet me after school by the swings.

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: aww that's where we had our first kiss 😩

El💍❣️: it is?

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: wow, you don't even remember where we had our first kiss?!

El💍❣️: no.

Okay, so I lied. I think about our first kiss every single day. Of course I remember where we had it.

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: smh.

El💍❣️: omg just meet me after school.

Carl🤷🏻‍♀️: you got it lil mama 😉

I rolled my eyes at the nickname again. But, I can still feel his eyes on me. I turned to look at him and he winked at me. I made an annoyed face at him and flicked him off, then turned back to the teacher.

•••

I walked out of the school building and out by the swings where Carl and Nick were both at.

"Took you long enough," Carl complained as I approached him at the swings.

"The bell literally just rang. How did you get out here so fast," I asked crossing my arms.

"I skipped history class," he shrugged as I sat on the swing next to him.

"Of course you did," I joked and he gently kicked me. "Hey!" We both laughed for a moment before looking back at eachother.