11. Secretive Ways!

"I was Dad's favorite you see," he paused, carrying an evil smirk. Further glancing her way, he assumed, "And his daughter's too." The smirk did not leave his lips as Scarlett incessantly glared at him.

Aaron balled his fists as he approached him with haste. He was ready to land punches on his brash face, but she managed to prevent him from doing so. Scarlett did not want anyone from the floor to know about his existence and his tricky ways.

Holding Aaron's arm lightly, she spoke in a composed voice, "Forget it, he's not worth it," she intently glared at the malicious devil in front of them. "Just give me 5 minutes and I'll be back." She remarked as Aaron scowled at him acrimoniously.

Scarlett saw something flicker over Dylan's eyes when she'd expressed those words. His blank eyes stared back at her furious ones. Probably, every time he can't be proficient in changing his expressions and if he'd measured that he could act all cool, calm and collected in front of her, right in her office, then it's his blunder to have such thought.

"You!!!" Aaron pointed at him as he uttered, gritting his teeth, "You are going to be repentant about this later." He removed her hold on him. Giving him one last vicious stare, he stormed out of Scarlett's door angrily.

"Don't worry. I'm familiar with overcoming my repentance, quite soon, might I add." He screamed, but Aaron was already gone.

"What do you want? Why can't you just leave me alone?" Scarlett hissed the same thing umpteenth time as he fished his hands inside his pockets looking at her and gave a sardonic expression. "You want riches, wealth, tell me," she folded her arms. Her eyes contemptuously pointed at him as he stared at her directly, carrying a burst of soft hidden laughter.

"I'll give you everything you coveted. Just get the hell out of my life. I want peace." When she'd completed, Scarlett's vision suddenly turned blurry. She could not keep herself from recalling his mendacity and deceits.

At once, Scarlett turned to the other side, not wishing him to look at her like this – vulnerable and exposed. Realizing his footsteps slowly impending, she immediately maintained a straight face.

Scarlett had no idea why she still abided with him. Clearly, she could simply get him out of her building, yet, she was still, waiting for him to formulate his next move. If that wasn't the most insane thing then she doesn't realise what else was.

Taking in a silent intake, she turned across, to face him. Dylan suddenly leaned forward and whispered, "Peace. It's something I want in my life too, but with you in it." His voice, his words brought chills down her spine.
Backing away a little, he chuckled, probably witnessing the change in her behavior.

Scarlett did manage to maintain a direct and collected face but she was quivering from inside, due to the proximity. Unquestionably, Dylan being so haughty as ever, noticed that and he smirked leaving Scarlett to cuss about it; for being apparent and predisposed around him.

"You don't need to cover your stance, Angel," he stopped as he inhaled heavily, getting closer. She went completely frozen. Instantly, her body reacted by the connecting breaths and she sighed internally, for it being so traitorous around him.

"You're so addictive," again, he raucously whispered against her face, as she tried to step away. However, his arms curled back to my waist. He continued his sweet torture, "You smell so good." He breathed out, his lips almost touching hers. Scarlett could not grasp anything further. Her gaze rooted on his lips as he talked and flagrantly, she wanted his lips on mine.