Chapter 8

"W-What? I'm not smiling, what are you talking about!" Lance spoke fast, darting to his feet, "Uh-"

"I'm kidding" Keith said, looking at the Medicine bottle on the kitchen counter, then closing his eyes. Why did he smile at me..? I'm so confused.. and why did the bottle say "Sleep" on it..? he thought. He was about to drift off but something cold touched his foot, making him gasp and open his eyes.

"Sorry" Lance said, Lifting the ice pack from his foot. "Didn't mean to wake you like that" he apologized, Nervously smiling.

Keith narrowed his eyes, remembering the medicine, "Hey. I read "sleep" on the Medicine container. Why'd you give me that?" Keith asked, shaking off the medication whenever he felt he'd sleep again.

Lance shrugged, "because I'd rather you sleep with no foot medication, then be awake with foot medication. Your foot would still hurt, even with the meds, but if your sleeping, you can't feel it" Lance paused, then laughed slightly, "Also, we have no medicine for your foot right now"

Keith let out an irritated groan, "Great.." I might as well sleep.. maybe lance will sleep with- WOAH WOAH. HOLD ON. WHY ARE YOU THINKING THAT- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Keith thought, and Lance stared at him.

"Are you okay? You made a weird face, is your foot still hurting you..?" lance began to worry. Keith felt his face grow hot, "My foot? No, it's fine. It's perfectly fine-" Keith tried moving it and gasped, clutching his foot, he quickly became not tired, but the medicine still lingered.

Lance quickly hugged Keith, feeling as if the pain was his own, "Keith, you can't do that, it'll hurt you!"

Keith, without knowing it, leaned onto lance, his Forehead on Lance's shoulder and his hands clutching his shirt, "Sorry" Keith said through clutched teeth. His foot was still in a bad position.

Lance quickly but softly fixed Keith's foot position, and his grip softened. Lance felt his face flush a bright red, "That should help" He giggled, "Better Mullet-Head?" 

Keith felt his face go completely red, CRAP CRAP CRAP! I HAVE TO HIDE MY FACE. CANT LET HIM SEE IT. JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD- AHHH WHY AM I LEANING ON LANCE?! HES HUGGING ME OH MY GOD WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? I WASNT PREPARED FOR THIS-

"Keith? Buddy? You okay?" Lance asked, shaking Keith a little bit, "GAAH- uh. I mean, yeah..yeah I'm fine" Keith quickly stood up and turned around, his eyes widening at the sharp pain in his foot. He grabbed hold of the table next to the couch with a yelp.

Lance was worried, and confused, "You seem nervous. What's bugging you, Keith..?" Lance tilted his head, and that's when he noticed it.

He's blushing..

***

"Keith" Lance stood up, walking over to him. Keith was panicking now, WHY DID I BLUSH!! DID HE SEE IT?!!! OH NO-

"Keith" Lance said again, a bit more coldly. Keith shuddered and looked down, "Yeah..?" He asked.

"You don't have to hide your face" Lance said, calmly, which was surprising to Keith because lance normally joked around about these things. Keith had hesitantly looked at Lance. The heat in his face had ebbed away a bit, but Keith's eyes showed he was freaking out. And I can't run.

"You want to get to your bed, Keith?" Lance asked, standing up and taking Keith's arm around his shoulders so he can walk. Keith nodded, "I can walk by myself, Moron" Keith said and began walking towards the closets, Lance following close behind in case he needed support.

Keith's foot hadn't hurt as bad as he thought it would as he walked. He couldn't step on it all the way, but it didn't hurt going tip-toed. Lance was following behind him, thinking about the recent moment. Why was he blushing? Is he into me? Maybe I should try a few pick up lines. Lance was thinking.