Chapter 30: The Alpha

Song: My, my, my, by Troye Sivan

I hope things make more sense in this chapter, but if it doesn't just comment and let me know so I can go back and edit it.

Don't forget to vote and comment, both give me tons of motivation to keep writing, even when I'm in a slump like I am now.

~HarleyVB

Finn's POV

Finn's POV

Black covered my vision, pain shooting through my back while my claws dug deep into the plastic covering on the medical bed. I let out a growl, red spotting the darkness and forcing my eyes to open.

"Fuck," I groaned, looking over my shoulder at the uneven stitches that crossed my torn back in several directions. "You sure you know what you're doing Jas?"

He chuckled and nodded, dropping the last bullet into a small dish before knotting the end of the stitch and threading it through my broken skin.

"I've done it before. This is just the first time on a real patient." a cocky grin covered his face, the latex gloves stained in blood and thick lotion. "You're just lucky Atticus got the rest out when he did. The wolves bane would've reached your heart in no time if he hadn't."

Adrian was quickly gone from my sight. My face pressed against the cellar floor as I gasped and wheezed in pain, trying my best to claw out the thick metal embedded in my skin.

I knew if the poison stayed in me much longer that I would have to just curl and accept my fate, but I'd be damned if I didn't try stop the inevitable.

My ears pounded, skin burning hot and veins throbbing as if they were going to burst. I grit my teeth as I continued to tug, tearing the skin and finally managed to get out at least one of the many bullets out.

With this small feat, I felt my arms begin to go numb, starting at the tips of my fingers and slowly working up to my shoulders.

I thought that it was the end for me. I took those moments to close my eyes and hope that Adrian would live on without me. He was stronger than he realized and with a little push in the right direction he would become something amazing.

While the rest of my body began to comply with the toxins in my blood, I focused on the sweat pooling down my face.

It took me a minute or two to realize that my limbs had started to regain feeling, though it wasn't much at first. But with this feeling came a wave of pain.

My back pounded, claws digging at my skin as I finally opened my eyes to the person kneeling down next to me.

Atticus had an arm around me, my face pushed firmly against his chest as he quickly worked to dislodge the metal from my back. I cried in agony, though the sound was muffled by the fabric covering my face.