EWEW - LWTBB 33: Lights Out, Party Girl

E.W.E.W - L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2017 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Current Chapter Posted - Thursday, July 13 2017

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 33 }: Lights Out, Party Girl

There was a stench wafting in the air – stale cigarettes, body odor, and something atrocious like gun powder. The wooden tables were chipped and faded, and the blue leather stools had obviously seen better days. Many lights looming above us were fused or constantly flickering, casting dim shadows over the regulars. Worn-out was taken to a whole new level in here. The inside of the dive bar was raunchy, and now I understood why Nico had given me a simple grey sweater to cover me up.

I had axsholes leering my way.

In fact, everyone in the cramped space of the bar stared at Nicholas and I like we were foreigners. And maybe, to a certain extent, we were in this part of town. It was crystal clear that we did not belong here.

My knees wobbled. If it weren't for Nico's hand enveloping mine, I would have collapsed. He was my lifeline right now, and I was clutching his hand with everything bit of strength I could muster up.

Nico didn't seem to mind; he held me even tighter.

Males dominated the place – older ones of the biker variety - with their patched vests, biking boots and roguish faces. Some had facial piercings and tattoos crawling the length of their arms. Doubts about this place being run by anyone besides an outlawed MC club was quickly crushed. They might as well have the words 'scary' and 'fucking illegal' stamped over their foreheads.

Nicholas steered us towards the bar side and shielded me from view, making sure no one rubbed against me the wrong way. I ducked my head and let my hair cascade around me like a protective barrier.

The barmaids were all dressed uniformly. Short leather skirts and skimpy bustiers adorned their thin bodies, with the same tattoos covering their flesh. Pledged their allegiances, I assumed.

Nicholas plopped me down on a stool and caged me protectively as he called for a barmaid – raising two fingers in a salute. A tall woman with spiky raven hair and a tough eyebrow piercing sauntered towards us as she shook a cocktail in her hands.

She noticed us mutely, observing us in a manner accustomed to wild animals. The irony of the situation wasn't lost to me.

Nicholas spoke low in that natural gravelly tone of his. "A bottled water – unopened – and a Jack and Coke."

I wasn't a Coke fan, and refrained from telling Nicholas that I only drank spiced rum with Pepsi. Tonight, I wouldn't object anything. My mouth was sealed shut with an invisible tape until we escaped this fucking hellhole.

He slapped a twenty on the counter. I noticed that beer was sloshed carelessly on the surface of the bar and cringed. I took no pain in hiding my disgust, holding my frame still and my breath trapped in my lungs.

The barmaid walked away wordlessly. Her coworkers kept a close eye on us, wearing similar weary facial expressions. Of course, people like Nicholas and I, who weren't regulars, were deemed targets because our presence was suspicious.

A strong hand ran down my back, and then Nicholas's lips were at my ear. "Relax, Anna."

My eyes frantically darted around the place, uselessly scoping it out again. Nothing had changed in the span of two seconds. Still the same people drinking and talking and keeping an eye on us. "I'm fvcking trying."