89

Happy birthday Harry Potter and JK Rowling!

C H A P T E R  89

Even with all of the excitement about the first task ending, Dumbledore could not stop thinking about there possibly being a Horcrux at Tom Riddle's parents' house.

With November ending and only a few weeks until break, he couldn't help wonder what to expect going there. He was still in communication with Remus and Sirius about details and if there were more Horcruxes.

The whole idea impressed him so much that he could barely wrap his head around it. Tom was doing all of this while in school and Dumbledore had no idea. Of course he was suspicious of him and kept his eyes on him, especially during the Chamber of Secrets fiasco. But he couldn't help marvel at his tenacity and determination to try and find a way to become immortal.

This added a new layer to trying to defeat him because even if others didn't believe it, Dumbledore did. Voldemort was going to come back....the question was when?

Dumbledore stared at his Pensieve which held hundreds of memories he could look back on at any given moment. He had his own and a very select few of others' memories.

After the discovery of Horcruxes, Dumbledore created a special area of memories about Voldemort. In order to truly understand what his ideas are and what they plan to be, he started to dig and try and find clues about his past.

His mind was filled with so many questions as he sorted through his memories.

How many did he make?

Where did he get the idea?

What objects did he use?

Due to the Tournament and looking after his own health, Dumbledore couldn't spend too many nights sifting through to try and find these answers. He knew it would take some time. He had gone through half of his collection and only found four memories of Riddle.

He wanted Remus by his side when looking through them. Dumbledore needed another opinion on this. That's why he wanted him to come with him to the Riddle House. Plus he wanted a smart wizard by his side in case of danger. Dumbledore may be a great wizard and a Gryffindor alumnus, but he knew when dealing with Voldemort there would be danger.

As him and Remus spoke more of their field trip, Dumbledore couldn't help wonder about including Samantha and Harry. He knew they had plenty on their plate with the tournament, but this was about them and their safety.

They had to be included because they were the target. But he didn't want to overwhelm them. They were only at the beginning of this new discovery and Dumbledore didn't know exactly where it was going to lead them.

He sat at his desk and let his thoughts run wild. Dumbledore was indeed a person who could spend hours trapped in his own mind, thinking about endless possibilities and theories.

He liked to analyze each situation and go through every scenario that could arise. Right now, as things started to unfold more and more, Dumbledore couldn't help but think the worst.

• • • • •

"I don't get what this screeching means, do you?" Samantha asked Viktor the next day when she saw him at the library. Last night at the party, her and Harry opened up their eggs to look at the clue and were met with a loud scream.

He shrugged. "Personally, I just want to take a break. Facing that dragon was very stressful."

"You're telling me."